4737 posts Interactive Design
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Envato shoots first, asks questions later :D This site is changing fast, and I’m not sure I like where it’s going.

545 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Developing new product? What? What’s new in that button that redirects the buyers to Envato Studio? Did you ever hear anyone needing such a feature around here? Of course not. Just because it’s your product it doesn’t give you the right to push it in front of all the buyers while submining our work and decreasing the value in it.

Authors, please, don’t stop writing your feedback about it, it’s about time we make something for a change. This is just unacceptable, sales are going down and down and instead of giving us any feedback on that or trying to let us know what has changed in the process, so we can adjust, we get this useless stuff that we never wanted or were interested in.

Please, promote your products yourself, stop using our work for promoting your envato studio. Previously I was reffering my customers that needed customization to Envato Studio, but from today I’ll let them know NOT TO USE Envato Studio and look anywhere else.

+1 This exactly.

4737 posts Interactive Design
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

I think even the power elites would have an issue with this addition, this is quite a major change Envato has tried to sneak in here

108 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Wpsmart says

Lots or authors here is paying for support team members and this kind of payed supports ( for instance theme install/setup) is helping with authors bills. How about to add for example button “Payed support” form the author next to envato studio button. This way lots of inconvenient (between author and buyer) bargaining emails will be saved. I know that envato studio button is in favor of buyers but if you ask them what they prefer: good support( payed for some stuff and free for other) from the theme author or lack of support and payed theme install (and for everything else because is form 3rd party ). You probable know the answer. This is just my opinion

“Payed support form the author” I think its good idea. and its save both sides. :)

1469 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

And will get free access/copy of our themes..

I hadn’t even considered this angle either, sounds like some ES authors will get quite the nice collection of free themes from TF :(

42 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
UKThemes says

I have spoken to our legal advisors today regarding this and Envato are in breach of the intellectual rights of the author.

As this is not their product and have shown in the terms that all copyright is in fact the authors, which means that they do not have permission to offer services for that item without being the copyright owner.

This is unethical to say the least.

It is like me getting a BBC production video, and working on it, then selling it without BBC productions allowing me.

That would be a multimillion pound lawsuit.

Envato you are playing with fire when it comes to copyright material and selling services for that material.

1830 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

bump bump, we want the button removed. You NEVER, NEVER, did anything according to our feedback anyway, but at least we, the authors, should try.

For each passing day, all we see is that Envato doesn’t care at all about us. Most of the authors that commented here sold 100k+, it’s a shame that we’re ignored 100%. ;)

What’s actually funny is that Envato keeps saying community means a lot, community is everything to them, bla bla [language removed].

Keep going, Envato, you’re doing an absolutely great job. Why don’t you ask buyers to visit Envato Studio and buy something from there in order to download their theme? I think that would be a pleasure for the buyers and for all the authors here.

1388 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

I think the middle ground would be an Opt-in / Opt-out for authors. And if an author wishes to opt-in, the author should be given priority if he has an Envato Studio account.

42 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
UKThemes says

Correct me if I am wrong.

But if I want to use and modify revolution slider, visual composer or any other copyrighted material, I have to pay an extended license as well as get permission from the author.

If someone is to be working on my themes, I would like either a percentage of the sale or an extended license fee because it is basically the same.

I have not given anyone apart from the person who purchased the item to have access to a theme.

These people are having our theme for free whilst profiting from our work.

We actually offer installation and customisations, and now some profits will be lost on our own themes.

That is completely wrong.

If you are offering these services, it should be linked to the authors account on the studio, if the author opts out then it should not be offered full stop…

1388 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

If someone is to be working on my themes, I would like either a percentage of the sale or an extended license fee because it is basically the same.

I have not given anyone apart from the person who purchased the item to have access to a theme.

Valid points +1

by
by
by
by
by
by