Had asked support and got this reply: I did ask my reviewers to confirm if the item is installing correctly and received this in response:
“Works like a charm.
1. Download the zip file. 2. extract the zip file. 3 goto wp admin > themes > install themes > upload this file – cstardesign.zip 4. Done.
Tried both on localhost, online, fresh installation or old installation.”
Wordpress site ; After Action indicated above.
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed.
Has anyone had similar experience and how was it resolved.
PS – am not a techie just doing this for friend in hospital after motorbike crash. Theme looked good and hoping to get done so he can crack on asp on discharge.
If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.
you are probably uploading the zip file you downloaded from themeforest . If you unzip that file you will see a theme folder or zipped archive which has style.css in it . You have to upload that zip archive not the one you downloaded from here.
Hi Marvidude, Many thanks for your help. Tried what you suggested and it still didnt work. Must be way Im doing it but have tried taking it out then rezipping and it still won’t upload – keeps saying style css is missing.
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Won a Competition
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Exclusive Author
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
Have you bought a WordPress theme or an HTML template?
Installation of theme:
1. You can see here How to Install CStar Design WordPress Theme.
2. Solving Broken Theme/Stylesheet Missing Issues ( Please unzip main file and upload theme files and click for more information and watch the screencast )
3. You can try to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org do not worry, install support is free