2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
drosteenvato says

This is the second time this has happened to me with a template and I cant figure out whats wrong. When I upload my template the theme is there but has no layout to it, no menu, or content on it. I read the directions but got nowhere with them. Im just looking to have it look like how it is on the site.

4025 posts Community Team
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Australia
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

Hi drosteenvato, have you tried contacting the author? Many times, authors do provide the demo content, so that you have a starting point, having only to replace the existing content with your own.

Please let us know what theme/template you are referring to, so we can point you in the right direction.

2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
drosteenvato says

I have already messaged the author but though I would also see if the community had a quick response. The template is Business Essentials Premium Wordpress Theme.

4025 posts Community Team
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Australia
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

No worries, this thread will also remain open, welcoming any/all feedback from the community, in case someone does have an accurate solution for you.

For future reference, you can always interact directly with the author here. The link takes you to the item’s Comments section, where you can also browse previous posts for information/troubleshooting.

If you need any additional assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. Good luck.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Hi @drosteenvato – I actually already replied to you but wanted to just clear a few things up if I may – WordPress is a dynamic solution that means your content is wrapped in the style of the theme you bought – you purchase a theme, but not content as such. HTML is different as it requires content to be physically laid out per template – WordPress uses a package of styled templates to display your content.

Saying that as I mentioned in my email reply – we do supply an XML import file with your download along with a 50+ page PDF help file documenting everything from installing WordPress on your server, to uploading your theme, setting colors etc if necessary, how to import the dummy content, how to setup your menus, code for widgets, screenshots of admin panels and their settings, how to install plugins, setup plugins and everything else.

All you need to do is open, sit back with a drink and follow along.

Many thanks as I mentioned in the email for your purchase and hope this helps!

Jonathan

by
by
by
by
by
by