377 posts
  • Argentina
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
360Degrees says

Hello, I am about to submit a website PSD template. But I am not sure what to include in the instructions document, I have read the article in theme forest but it is not specific enough. Maybe I do not know what is hard to do or easy, I was thinking on explaining how to change the text (double clicking on the text layers? that seems pretty stupid…) and how to mask images but all of this is useless if the buyer will then port it to html.

So what should I include in the instructions document? Thank you

1031 posts
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

Hi, maybe you can link to the sources used, images, icons, fonts, etc. But I guess there are not many things to say if your layers a well organized and named properly…

3085 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Raincutter says
For Photoshop Templates you should make sure in particular that you include details of any non-standard fonts used.

I guess that’s the most important thing to include and as Keliah said, links to all externel assets.

377 posts
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
360Degrees says

I used myirad pro so that won’t be neccesary

630 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
RobbyDesigns says

I submitted PSD business cards to GraphicRiver so I guess it’s similar, in the ‘Help’ file I’d deffo mention what fonts you used even if they are free or default so that the buyer knows if he/she needs to go hunting or not. Also, mention the url’s of any assets and whether the PSD is sliced or not; it’s a hot debate here but personally I never buy an unsliced PSD as working with slices is what I ammused to and don’t have time right now to learn a different method.

Also, I’d think about letting people know what you had in mind when you designed the PSD , for example, I designed a PSD (not for ThemeForest but it’s the same idea) and added a couple paragraphs about what I was thinking, for example ‘The top image would be a slider, the ‘Latest tweets’ would have a jQuery drawers effect, open the drawer and you’d see my latest Blog additions’...you get the idea.

by
by
by
by
by
by