Hello people (and aliens ofc),
It’s my first few days on Marketplace and I have few thoughts.
1. Why we can’t send custom message to all buyers? For example, I have done a big update on my module, I want to clarify them what they can do with it, how it help them in their sites etc. I think it will be great feature to have possibility to add textarea above “Send a notification to buyers when this update is approved”.
2. Send an email to all buyers – will be nice to have possibility to send “newsletter” to all of our buyers. Selected by product, by marketplace or just all of them. Sometimes we want to hear more feedback from our buyers and this feature will be great help for that thing.
Comments are great but not enough in my opinion.
Thanks for any feedback, happy selling!
There is a notification checkbox at the bottom of the screen when updating your item.
Sending a newsletter would be not a good idea and people will abuse it. It will destroy envato reputation and everyone will spam buyers. Since buyers belong to envato network.
Yes, I know that, but people are lazy, they probably don’t even look to changelog, so it will be nice to have additional “textfield” to type message to all buyers after item update.
Both ideas create potential for abuse tbh. I think it’s good that we have separation form buyers, it helps stop marketplace ‘gaming’ and other shady tactics.
Newsletter, yes bad idea, but what is wrong with idea of short message sending to buyers after update? Right now they have notification about that, what’s wrong with few words about updated version in that e-mails?
I think just putting a message on your Product Page is good enough. Not every buyer will look at their email either. They will check the product page when they get the notification that their product has been updated so if they are interested they will read your page.
You could also encourage your buyers to follow you on twitter for updates and stuff like that. Or even do blog posting and tutorials.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.