4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

I agree with it on most of the part, I see the topic on some other view, as long there won’t be any unity with all browser supporting good JS and CSS3,that annoy thing call flash will be around ,not to mention there is no really replacement for flash banner animation.

Right now js/html5/CSS3 dev extending their work significant only do to the crap browser compatibility, also the so call canvas replacement for flash after 3 years when its been around , very few using that crap thing anyway, hopefully it will change, but i guess those Js dev` using public library and call them self JS dev` can’t really handle pure coding on the canvas maybe because its more AS3 then js :P

189 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
FWDesign says

Yes flash will stay around but it will never be what it once was, about canvas the reason nobody is using it is because it is soooooooooo slow on mobile devices (unusable!!!), even a simple sprite animation can’t run at 60fps and things seam that are not going to change maybe in 2022 when HTML5 will be complete. In my opinion apple f… up the entire web, it will take a lot of time to heal and us developer are the one to suffer, as a personal experience I work with js/css/html for about an year now and I can say that working with it is a pain every time, the flash days were a lot of fun now is just frustration about browser bugs and crap.

About js developers I think 90% of js products relay on jquery (basically they are not js developers lol) which sucks because most of the time developers are using 5% of that huge library, not to mention the incompatibilities that take place because of multiple imports of jquery,mootols and other crap… happy days.

102 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
KurtBilisim says

In my opinion apple f… up the entire web

This! This I believe is why I’ll always be a crApple hater for the rest of my life.

I used to like crApple’s existence since monopoly is no good. Besides, their technology was good, years ago I was amazed how thin their devices are. Unfortunately just for their crAppStore to make profit, they literally did something a decent technology company shouldn’t do. They rewinded the web technology back years earlier, literally!

I don’t hate HTML5 and the efforts put into it but people has to understand it is not gonna work properly. By the time browsers can “seem” to handle it well enough, thanks to powerful hardware, mobile devices not being able to handle Flash will also become irrelevant.

To me HTML will always be yesterday’s technology, no matter how many numbers they add at the end…

8190 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

it will always have its place, it’s just not as widespread as it used to be… sure its not as fun for us devs but i’d rather a more efficient web IMO :)

66 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • China
yuanhao_viva says

About js developers I think 90% of js products relay on jquery (basically they are not js developers lol) which sucks because most of the time developers are using 5% of that huge library, not to mention the incompatibilities that take place because of multiple imports of jquery,mootols and other crap…

that’s true,our socail site use js html5,it’s fucking slow.
11 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • France
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
soireeDigitale says

I started a similar topic some days ago. I think, flash is going to the point of no return, at its end, because of the TABLET/IPAD mix! I really don’t want to say that Apple killed Flash, but… :(

46 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
mfishel says

Wow, great comments everyone! I know almost absolutely nothing about HTML5 but the few experiences that I’ve had with it, it seems to take an awful lot of code to do the same thing as Flash can do much quicker…I agree Flash can be a lot of fun so, I’m hoping it doesn’t disappear completely!

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

even a simple sprite animation can’t run at 60fps and things seam that are not going to change maybe in 2022 when HTML5 will be complete. I
I hope by 2022 some 18 years old nerd will invent something else :P cos` I am getting to old for this BS.
66 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • China
yuanhao_viva says

I’m hoping it doesn’t disappear completely!

who knows,i am learning illustrator to expand my skill.maybe i am a very talented designer :)
by
by
by
by
by
by