305 posts Codestar
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
Codestar says

Envato earned over 100,000$ from me. still i am paying for refund. also i do not know where is my file fault :D

3435 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Envato earned over 100.000$ from me. still i am paying for refund. also i do not know here is my file fault :D

I think the point is that neither does Envato. This is a case where a user has initiated a refund through PayPal. PayPal takes the money back from Envato. So when this happens, we share this burden and our cut is taken back as well. Seems fair to me – Envato is not responsible for the reversal any more than we are, so why should they take all the burden?

That being said, I would completely support having access more information about these reversals. I agree that at the moment, knowing nothing about why this happens is extremely frustrating. Not sure there’s much to be done about that, though.

2025 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

Posted the same in the other thread:

Can someone translate this statement from PayPal’s Protection for Buyers page:

In addition, for items purchased off eBay, you must meet all of these requirements:
Send the payment to the seller through:
  • The Send Money tab on the PayPal website by clicking the Purchase tab and selecting Goods
  • The seller’s PayPal checkout flow
The item you purchase must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped

Especially the latest sentence. For me it’s clear that it’s not for digital stuff.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Can someone translate this statement from PayPal’s Protection for Buyers page: Especially the latest sentence. For me it’s clear that it’s not for digital stuff.

Yes, intangible goods are not covered by PayPal Protection for Buyers (Protection for Buyers – Section 13.2). But buyers have a Credit Card chargeback rights, which cover intangible goods (Protection for Buyers – Section 13.9). So, basically buyers still can file a credit card chargeback for an intangible goods.

And it’s worth to have a look into Seller Protection Page:

Why doesn’t Seller Protection cover deliveries made in person, or intangible goods (such as digital goods or services)? One of the most important requirements for coverage under Seller Protection is proof of shipment or delivery. Since deliveries made in person and sales of intangible goods do not have verifiable shipping documentation, we cannot currently extend protection for these types of transactions.

So, PayPal Seller Protection does not cover the transaction related to intangible goods. No way we are protected, sorry.

406 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Nepal
+3 more
RelStudios says

Hmm. :S Interesting, so what if the case where buyers buys our files, use it and ask refund via paypal ? Can somebody clear this to me :)

315 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
squaredWeb says

Hmm. :S Interesting, so what if the case where buyers buys our files, use it and ask refund via paypal ? Can somebody clear this to me :)

There is nothing to explain – you and envato just got ripped off in this case.

406 posts
  • Located in Nepal
+3 more
RelStudios says

HAHA :S so it’s easy to buy a files for free now :) Hurray !

1775 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

It’s as easy as buying any product from any other company, c’mon, one reversal out of 200 sales and you’re complaining like Envato would rip you off.

315 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
squaredWeb says

HAHA :S so it’s easy to buy a files for free now :) Hurray !

Well, yes it is, but this is not envatos fault. This is the same with any kind of purchase that is handled via paypal, those things happen on ebay as well for example.l

225 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Palestinian Territory
+5 more
YousefShanti says

I got a sale reversal on one of my “PSD” templates :shocked: It may be the user thought the template is functional and coded, but still it’s not my fault.

by
by
by
by
by
by