• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Removing the already approved items is a tough process. Considering the size of library, fat reduction does’t going to help exposure of other qualified items. The only way forward is coming up with advanced search filters and several more/mixed ways for exposure of items (ex: Popular new items page, etc).

Many useless items have the potential of pulling new customers, while it may not convert into sales. If the primary goal of removal is to help other qualified item’s exposure, the best thing to do is having an advanced search filter. Like:

Filter by sales:
- Less than 100
- 100 to 500
- 500 to 2000
- Above 2000
- Any

Filter by upload date:
- Within 3 months
- Within 6 months
- Within 1 year
- All time

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
graphic4444 says

you are continuously getting NEW CUSTOMERS who haven’t seen everything, so I’d keep it all around for sale. Agree some periodic review to weed out items that are dated-looking or just not as good as current stuff may be wise… though a new customer who has never been here may buy whatever, so I’d keep it all around. We can always search by date to see most current content.

262 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
Endat says

I agree that we need to keep up with standards when the apps are dependent on third parties (wordpress, joomla, twitter api, etc..) but for standalone apps and ones that have reverse-compatible dependencies (like php, mysql), low sales only signify how much use the market has for such an app, not the quality of the app itself. The quality control happens when the app is submitted and should be left alone.

There are some apps I wish I could offer for free (because I can’t imagine anyone buying them). I have a few utilities for PHP, Javascript and Windows that are somewhat useful but not worth paying for… Whether or not it’s economically viable for Envato to offer free apps, I dunno.. Can there be free apps?

116 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
UniikMedia says

There are some people that still needs them, they bought that item and they have a right to download it anytime they want.

I’m only talking about old files with no sales.

615 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Typps says

Removing the already approved items is a tough process. Considering the size of library, fat reduction does’t going to help exposure of other qualified items. The only way forward is coming up with advanced search filters and several more/mixed ways for exposure of items (ex: Popular new items page, etc).

Many useless items have the potential of pulling new customers, while it may not convert into sales. If the primary goal of removal is to help other qualified item’s exposure, the best thing to do is having an advanced search filter. Like:

Filter by sales:
- Less than 100
- 100 to 500
- 500 to 2000
- Above 2000
- Any

Filter by upload date:
- Within 3 months
- Within 6 months
- Within 1 year
- All time

The most sensible post in this thread ^^

low sales only signify how much use the market has for such an app, not the quality of the app itself. The quality control happens when the app is submitted and should be left alone.

Good call, indeed low sales is subjective and doesn’t tell you anything about the quality of the app.

321 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
mothinkers says

Filter by sales:
- Less than 100
- 100 to 500
- 500 to 2000
- Above 2000
- Any

Man I think this wuold kill the majority of new items.. Not a good idea from my perspective..

5763 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Filter by sales:
- Less than 100
- 100 to 500
- 500 to 2000
- Above 2000
- Any

Man I think this wuold kill the majority of new items.. Not a good idea from my perspective..

Actually the sales based sorting is already there as of now – I just showed a detailed version to help buyers to filter further if needed. As a person with some buying habits, I would purchase a 100-500 item rather than 2000+ sales item. I know many buyers would prefer that way due to certain reasons on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon but not sure about VideoHive and other markets. A little bit of research on individual marketplaces may help arriving more clear and fair filter criterias than the above 2.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
Andrew_Parish says

Makes perfect sense to me! :) Old items with no sales should be reviewed again and if still up to par, re-introduced as new items or some other similar “category”, to give them a second chance.

Peace!

321 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
mothinkers says

Filter by sales:
- Less than 100
- 100 to 500
- 500 to 2000
- Above 2000
- Any

Actually the sales based sorting is already there as of now – I just showed a detailed version to help buyers to filter further if needed. As a person with some buying habits, I would purchase a 100-500 item rather than 2000+ sales item. I know many buyers would prefer that way due to certain reasons on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon but not sure about VideoHive and other markets. A little bit of research on individual marketplaces may help arriving more clear and fair filter criterias than the above 2.

Ok, i’ve got your point! It could be useful

772 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says

The idea is good, but have a question: what to do in case I have a package with 5 tracks – 3 tracks from 0 sales and 2 tracks- 3 sales (per year), in this case violated the contents of the package, will not work reference? I think that the authors themselves have to decide – when, where and what to delete.

by
by
by
by
by
by