tigerlabs says
72 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Studio6B says

It doesn’t make up for all the $hit we have had to go through, and not to mention alot of people will still stick with the old IE X (

But yea good features, but they’ll find some way to screw it up I’m sure :P

738 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
Jar says

Great. :)

831 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
tigerlabs says
But yea good features, but they’ll find some way to screw it up I’m sure :P

Exactly, they’ve left us nothing but crap in the past, so I’m really really skeptical. Hoping for the best however. :)

738 posts
  • Located in United States
Jar says

I don’t know, it really seems to be turning out pretty good. New scripting engine for Javascript, etc. The only browser to offer GPU accelerated rendering. I really am liking it. As somebody who really wants IE to succeed (due to the adoption rate) I am pretty optimistic about this release.

1736 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

If you ruin the trust of your customers, it’s forever. Microsoft betrayed my trust a long time ago with their crippled software.

They’re just trying to catch up, but they’re always late.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I’m not quite sure why any web developers would be excited about this other than having visitors whom are die-hard IE fans will finally have a more usable browser.

1 – The IE blog is designed as if it were for IE6 , which it probably is. Not really a knock to IE9 , just to how pathetic MS is.

2 – IE9 ’s WebKit SunSpider JavaScript benchmark results show it doesn’t perform better than Safari, Chrome or Opera 10.5, essentially current web browsers. They then make an excuse after the results saying it takes “about 70 seconds to identify a 300ms difference between browsers” and they’ve “done very little specific tuning for Webkit Sunspider”. There are no excuses MS, just results, which your new browser doesn’t deliver.

3 – IE9 achieves a 55/100 on the Acid3 test, while Safari, Opera and Chrome achieve 100/100 and Firefox 3.6 achieves 94/100. By the time IE9 is actually released, they might get it scoring 100/100 which is moot because it’ll be the last major browser to get there.

4 – The only major browser that doesn’t have Windows and Mac versions.

5 – It has taken MS four browser revisions to finally achieve a relatively competent browser (at least we hope). That’s a pretty terrible track record and not one I would hold my breath for.

6 – Microsoft focuses on bringing their next browser up to current standards, unlike other companies who focus on bringing their browsers up to future standards. This is why Microsoft never has an industry leading browser and is always playing catch up.

7 – By the time IE9 is actually released, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera will be capable of things the Microsoft team will still be learning about.

8 – Read the comments on the IE9 blog post. #IE #MS #Fail

- -

I could continue on with a never ending list of why MS should be banned from the browser market and prohibited from even thinking about creating a new one as it is browser terrorism, but I’ll stop here. You guys get the idea. ;-)

1736 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Check out this article: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Announced: Not Compatible with Windows XP.

This means only one thing – IE6 users (XP’s default browser) won’t be able to upgrade to IE9 .

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says

“We want the same markup to just work across different browsers”

About freaking time. Pity you are over a decade too late M$.

1736 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says
“We want the same markup to just work across different browsers”

Ahahaha, you made my day.

by
by
by