• Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
B-webdesign says

Hello everyone,

I have been wondering about the current state of internet explorer compatibility requirements on the upload section i see we get to choose which browsers are compatible but i cant find where it says which browsers really are compatible

currently we are on internet explorer 10 and most of us use html 5 and css 3 what does this means for internet explorer 6, 7 and 8 ?

can anyone share the details with me

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says
349 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
al_m473 says

sitepoint shows an article on browser usage every month, not sure about the stats from w3schools.com, it only reflects users going to that site. to a certain extent, it is not what the world uses but what your users use that counts. satisfy them and you should be golden, provide support for their browsers. if your site is not a development or web tech site, then your users may be more normal users than from a tech site.

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says
28 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
B-webdesign says

DNP i have been looking at w3schools and gs stats counter my templates in ie8 have the problem that they dont catch the radius and transparantity i put in and i dont even wanna START about internet explorer 7 (its that i dont have 6 but i bet its even worse in their) i am currently in development of a tool against internet explorer but for now my question is as follow

does it matter if something that is rounded in ie 9 would be square in ie 8 for themeforest? and does it matter that ie 6 and 7 are [language removed]?

28 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
B-webdesign says

AL_M473

but on themeforest it does matter what the world use

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

AL_M473 but on themeforest it does matter what the world use

Oh Yes it does, that is why IE8 is still required. Perhaps under 5% we will drop it and TF stuff will support us.

28 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
B-webdesign says

so i wonder if you take a look at www.websdesigner.nl/houseestate apart of the internet explorer issue where do u think i still need to improve to get accepted? i hope for some critical information to improve on my personal skill and needs for the acceptance of this site

355 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

1.) you can fix some CSS issues in IE8 with CSS3 Pie

2.) Your design is far from being accepted, look very outdated, you need to learn some modern design principles and practice a lot…it is way of for any constructive feedback, sorry

Good luck

28 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
B-webdesign says

1.) you can fix some CSS issues in IE8 with CSS3 Pie

2.) Your design is far from being accepted, look very outdated, you need to learn some modern design principles and practice a lot…it is way of for any constructive feedback, sorry

Good luck

Hi phantasia i am glad to get critical comments could you point me more in direction where i need to learn most is this graphic base or content build based i really try to be a worthy author and theirfor i do realise its still a long way to go but i intent to practise and learn from my mistakes critic can be taken in a positive and in a negative way i like to take it in a positive way to improve on myself

so if i would ask u a few things:

1 how poor on a scale of 1 – 10 are the graphic elements (buttons header footer etc) 2 how poor on a scale of 1 – 10 is the content building ( way of placing images and text) 3 What other points would i look into according to you beside the first 2 points?

thanks for your reply i wasnt to sure about the layout myself so im glad that atleast a author that had items on this site confirmed this to me.

is their a way to learn css styling that it automaticly accepts all browsers in the correct way or is this a hopeless try?

by
by
by
by
by
by