• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
Philo01 Reviewer says

Thanks for all the comments.

Rayzong said
Will this be integrate in the author dashboard? or i need to install it somewhere for personal monioring?

This is going to be a WordPress plugin, so you have to install it on your own website.

designcise said
just wondering how this doesn’t fall in line of self-promotion .. hmmph

Please note that the forum rules state:

Because of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed.

I’m not linking to any of my items or giving away free files. If anyone feels that this topic should be closed please let me know and I will ask a moderator to close it.

The main reason why I created this topic is to get feedback from authors and to see what features they would like to see and if it’s worth to continue the development.

316 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+8 more
WebFactory says

+1 really looking forward to this one!

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
jdpowered says

+1 This is just fantastic! I cannot wait to have a look at the finished plugin!

I would really like to see an FAQ system integrated into AuthorHQ.

358 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
Philo01 Reviewer says

Thanks all!

I have a question:

Would you rather see the front-end powered by AJAX at the cost of that will not work without Javascript?

594 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
designcise says
Philo01 said
Thanks for all the comments.
Rayzong said
Will this be integrate in the author dashboard? or i need to install it somewhere for personal monioring?

This is going to be a WordPress plugin, so you have to install it on your own website.

designcise said
just wondering how this doesn’t fall in line of self-promotion .. hmmph

Please note that the forum rules state:

Because of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed.

I’m not linking to any of my items or giving away free files. If anyone feels that this topic should be closed please let me know and I will ask a moderator to close it.

The main reason why I created this topic is to get feedback from authors and to see what features they would like to see and if it’s worth to continue the development.

great! thanks for the clarification. had i known we’re allowed to do that, i would’ve done that for all my products :) .. in any case, the thread should at least be moved to “item discussions” perhaps because the rules explicitly state:

If you’d like to post a link to your item to get feedback or discussion on how to improve it, it must be posted in the “Item Discussion” section of the forums.

3365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says
designcise said
great! thanks for the clarification. had i known we’re allowed to do that, i would’ve done that for all my products :) .. in any case, the thread should at least be moved to “item discussions” perhaps because the rules explicitly state:

If you’d like to post a link to your item to get feedback or discussion on how to improve it, it must be posted in the “Item Discussion” section of the forums.

I think that the nature of this product, and its potential value to the community (even though it is a paid product), warrants an exception here.

You are correct that the most appropriate location for this thread is “Item Discussion” – unfortunately, those forums are marketplace-specific, and would therefore only be visible to a single marketplace. This product could potentially have a big impact on users from across the marketplaces, and soliciting feedback from users from all marketplaces would benefit many of us.

However, if you feel strongly about this, we can move it over to “Item Discussion”.

Though, the staff could also give permission for this to remain in “All Marketplaces”, as well.

594 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designcise says
sevenspark said
designcise said

I think that the nature of this product, and its potential value to the community (even though it is a paid product), warrants an exception here.

You are correct that the most appropriate location for this thread is “Item Discussion” – unfortunately, those forums are marketplace-specific, and would therefore only be visible to a single marketplace. This product could potentially have a big impact on users from across the marketplaces, and soliciting feedback from users from all marketplaces would benefit many of us.

However, if you feel strongly about this, we can move it over to “Item Discussion”.

Though, the staff could also give permission for this to remain in “All Marketplaces”, as well.

see it’s simple enough, if one person is allowed to do it then everyone should be allowed to do it, no exceptions whatsoever. the whole point being, “keeping it fair for everyone”.

i’m going to take a sentence out of context and post here from the rules:

This practice effectively undercuts the hard work of all authors who wish to sell their items fairly, and as such it is not tolerated.

which makes sense in this instance too. the whole point is to keep the usage fair. i think in that respect you should keep it fair and either allow everyone or allow no one. that’s just what my opinion is.

i really have no problems with this being posted the way it is, it’s just that if one person’s allowed, everyone should be allowed. n i hope it has nothing to do with philo having a staff badge because that’s what a person like me would feel; him getting unfair advantage over everyone else because of that, i.e. if only he’s allowed to do it.

3365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

@designcise in this case I feel that the positive benefit to the community outweighs the negative impact of self-promotion, and keeping this balance is really what the forum rules are for. I agree that rules should be applied equally and fairly; but to do so at the expense of the community (by denying it the chance to provide feedback on a product designed to serve its interests) seems counterproductive to me.

Generally, we try not to interfere if a thread isn’t bothering anyone. However, as I said, if it is bothering you, we’ll move it to Item Discussion. I’m sure Philo would have posted there in the first place, if the thread was not relevant to All Marketplaces.

Let’s please keep the thread on topic, however. If you’d like it to be moved, just say so :)

594 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designcise says
sevenspark said
@designcise in this case I feel that the positive benefit to the community outweighs the negative impact of self-promotion, and keeping this balance is really what the forum rules are for. I agree that rules should be applied equally and fairly; but to do so at the expense of the community (by denying it the chance to provide feedback on a product designed to serve its interests) seems counterproductive to me.

Generally, we try not to interfere if a thread isn’t bothering anyone. However, as I said, if it is bothering you, we’ll move it to Item Discussion. I’m sure Philo would have posted there in the first place, if the thread was not relevant to All Marketplaces.

Let’s please keep the thread on topic, however. If you’d like it to be moved, just say so :)

well, as i said, i don’t mind till everyone’s allowed to do the same :) beyond that, it’s your job, so you would definitely know better and i’ll leave it to that, but that doesn’t go without saying that it is still very unfair especially when you agree it’s an act of ‘self-promotion’ which “undercuts the hard work of all authors who wish to sell their items fairly”. i’ll definitely try this out with one of my upcoming items (which i’m pretty sure will spark a greater reaction).

358 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
Philo01 Reviewer says

Please do understand that I normally never introduce any of my items using the forum. I made an exception for AuthorHQ because it is made by an author for authors. And this is the only way how I can recieve important feedback. If I create a plugin, that has something to do with books for example, there is no point to ask for feedback on the forum because it is not the target group. The amount of users that will use my plugin is relatively small if you compare it against a product that has a much larger target group.

I don’t want to make a big issue out of this, so the topic is being moved over to “Item Discussion”.

As for the topic, I would like to know what authors think about the following:

Would you rather see the front-end powered by AJAX at the cost of that will not work without Javascript?

by
by
by
by
by
by