76 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
displayinline says

Envastats

TL;DR: Envastats is a freaking cool stats dashboard, scroll down for the link to download the beta

Envastats is a Chrome extension I built as a side project to provide meaningful reports about my sales. At first I wanted to display a simple chart of sales on top of my statement page, but after way more time than planned, I ended up with a multiple features widgetized dashboard – I just don’t know how to keep things simple…

This is just a personnal project, with a few remaining bugs and maybe not the best UI in the world, but I like how it gives a quick overview of sales and changes in realtime, so I thought I would share it with Envato authors, maybe via the Chrome Web Store. But first I am looking for a few beta-testers to check how it works against various author accounts, and particulary accross marketplaces: I only have a ThemeForest account, so I don’t know how it will handle a Photodune account, for instance.

The feature I wanted the most is the intelligent currency conversion: each sale is converted at the rate of the day where the corresponding earnings are sent to the author (the 15th of the n+1 month). With the large variations of the USD to EURO conversion rate over the last months, I needed a more precise report of final earnings over time than what my author earnings page provide.

So if you guys are interested, scroll down for the link to download the unpackaged extension and instructions on how to install.

Oh, and the code is available on Github under the MIT licence, feel free to fork it and enhance it! :) I’d love to see this project evolve in the Envato community. And I know I am not the best JS coder around, so I’d be pleased to hear your suggestions on the code!

Main features

• Display sales and earnings for the last 30 days, 6 months or for all time
  • Display sales and earnings distributions by items (12 most populars), days of week and hours of the day
  • Display counters for number of sales, amount sold, earnings and referral cuts, for three different time ranges: all time, current month and current week.
  • Provides estimations for the end of the current week and month
  • Display progress circles for paws, author’s rate and elite levels (once maximum rate is reached)
  • Provides intelligent currency conversion, and actual rate is updated every 2 hours (requires a free Open Exchange Rate account app ID because of requests limitations, instructions are given in the UI)
  • Option for automatic refresh each 15 minutes and button for manual refresh
  • Buttons to reset settings or database in case something’s broken
  • Based on local storage and IndexedDB
  • Uses a widgets structure, a customization tool is planned (see below)
  • l10n and i18n (english and french available, feel free to provide your own translation!)

Planned features

• Add daily and hourly average sales rate
  • Add a desktop notification for each new sale and increment the counter in the main bar icon, with a button to reset counter
  • Display items’ distribution in the sales/earnings chart using stacked bars/lines
  • Add PayPal/Payoneer fees calculator for actual income output (but this looks like a HUGE mess, so I am not sure)
  • Show a slider of the whole time range with two cursors to define start and end of displayed range
  • Display progression for the week and month sales reports against previous week/month (using green up arrow or red down arrow and the percentage)
  • Allow users to customize their dashboard (widgets, positions and sizes)
  • Add a widgets API to allow adding extra widgets
  • Color themes
  • A full-screen mode to use this as a permanent dashboard

To install the beta version

Note: this extension is still in the early stages of development, so there may be issues with some accounts and marketplaces. In case the database’s corrupted or some options are given a wrong value, you can force a rebuild using the settings buttons ;)

• Download the unpackaged extension here: https://github.com/displayinline/envastats/downloads
  • extract it to a folder on your computer
  • In Chrome, open a new tab to chrome://chrome/extensions/ or go in the menu to Tools / Extensions
  • If not checked yet, check the box next to Developer mode on top right
  • Click the button to load an unpackaged extention
  • Locate the folder of the extracted the extension
  • Click Ok, and go to your Statement page
  • Lean back, and enjoy ;)

Keep in mind this is a side project, I can’t guarantee how fast I will be able to make it evolve and fix bugs, so if you are good at JS the best thing to do if you notice issues is to fork the project on Github and push your changes ;)

Credits

Many ideas are taken from the following plugins, credits to their authors!

External plugins:

Licenced under the MIT License

Hope you’ll like it! ;)

182 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
MRMdesigns says

OMG , this looks so awesome! Definitely gonna try it out. Thanks :)

121 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+2 more
rabidflash says

Installed. that looks pretty cool and provides some great info. thanks.

1257 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Demorfoza says

N for NICE ;)

182 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
MRMdesigns says

Installed, looks nice etc, but information about the paw and the rate is wrong for me :(

433 posts Keep Walking
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
UXbarn says

Nothing happens when I clicked at the Envastats icon on Chrome. Am I doing something wrong??

1437 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Nothing happens when I clicked at the Envastats icon on Chrome. Am I doing something wrong??

Same here!

201 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Darkpulse says

Installed, looks nice etc, but information about the paw and the rate is wrong for me

Same here, It seems to read only the current month…

1032 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

Edit: awesome!

76 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+4 more
displayinline says

Actually, the Envastats icon in the toolbar does nothing, it is here only for future functions ;)

About the paws and rate issue, I am going to check what may cause this. Did you try to rebuild the database using the settings menu on bottom right? Maybe this will force the extension to parse again the statement.

by
by
by
by
by
by