72 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
GDragoN says

App looks nice, and it is still very, very buggy, but I expect that will be solved over time.

One thing I can’t understand: why use a server to process the data in the first place? I have used Envato API extensively, and it is not needed for a server to process things users need to get from API. Notifications also can work without server. The only feature (and it is totally useless as far as I am concerned) that needs a storage to compare data that is not connected to each individual user is one showing sales compared to a marketplace. The speed increase is not possible with using extra server: if you request data directly from Envato it must be faster than getting it from a server that still needs to make a call to Envato. It can be faster from your previous app version that was very slow in the first place, but extra server will not make it really faster.

I was OK paying one time for the app, but paying subscription fee because author decided to use a server to process data (for whatever reason) that can be done with the device alone is not something I will going to do.

Regards, Milan

226 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
+2 more
nickys says

App looks nice, and it is still very, very buggy, but I expect that will be solved over time.

One thing I can’t understand: why use a server to process the data in the first place? I have used Envato API extensively, and it is not needed for a server to process things users need to get from API. Notifications also can work without server. The only feature (and it is totally useless as far as I am concerned) that needs a storage to compare data that is not connected to each individual user is one showing sales compared to a marketplace. The speed increase is not possible with using extra server: if you request data directly from Envato it must be faster than getting it from a server that still needs to make a call to Envato. It can be faster from your previous app version that was very slow in the first place, but extra server will not make it really faster.

I was OK paying one time for the app, but paying subscription fee because author decided to use a server to process data (for whatever reason) that can be done with the device alone is not something I will going to do.

Regards, Milan

Let me give you an example why the server is such a huge boost in performance. So I have 19 products in my account and I want the app to tell me if I have any new comments. To check that, all 19 RSS feeds need to be downloaded and checked against a reference date to see if there is anything new.

In version 1.0, that meant downloading 19 RSS feeds with 50 or 100 entries (don’t remember) in EACH feed, over wi-fi or 3G connection. I actually made the spinning wheel go away while loading comments, because it was taking 30+ seconds on my account, don’t know about accounts with 50 or more products.

In version 2.0, the server downloads all 19 RSS feeds (which takes less than a second on the server) and sends you only the new comments. In other words, the connection on your device needs to handle just a few kilobytes of data, which the server sends as a response.

And there is not just comments. There are API requests for your statement, vitals, for each product, etc. etc. All of this is handled by the server and the amount of data that your device receives from the server is practically nothing, compared to what the server needs to download.

Also, push notifications can only be sent from a sever. The server sends them to the APNS (or Apple Push Notification Service) and they send it to your device. There is no way to send push notifications from the app, because it can’t run in the background and check for sales every 10 minutes or so.

As far as the bugs go, please email me if you are experiencing any issues, that’s the only way I can fix them :) I’ve made tons of fixes in the last couple of days and it should be a lot more stable now.

72 posts
  • Exclusive Author
GDragoN says

OK, I agree on the comments since that is not available through the API. But, all other data is not that critical to load, and it should be OK loaded directly. Also, I wasn’t aware that iOS can send push notifications from server only.

But, with all that, maybe you should consider version of the plugin that will not depend on the server: no push (I don’t need that really) and not comments notifications, so it can run as standalone.

Regards, Milan

72 posts
  • Exclusive Author
GDragoN says

New version is next to useless so far. Since the update, it worked as advertised only 3 or 4 days (out of 20 or so days in use). Last 4 days it is not working at all, it reports no sales, no changes, nothing. It is not even showing any sales, manual update is not working.

Milan

98 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
ssievert says

New version is next to useless so far. Since the update, it worked as advertised only 3 or 4 days (out of 20 or so days in use). Last 4 days it is not working at all, it reports no sales, no changes, nothing. It is not even showing any sales, manual update is not working. Milan

same here. :-(

201 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+4 more
Darkpulse says

Same issue here. I’ve already tried to generate a new API Key and to change it, but that is not fixed.

69 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
djwd says

Same here but I think there is something going on with Envato APIs as also the other app I have for sales push notifications is not ‘pushing’ anymore since a few days (worked fine over the last year or so).

SebicheArgentino
SebicheArgentino Recent Posts
Threads Started
60 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
SebicheArgentino says

the update is so slooow and wrong in notifications for me!

1937 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
matsteiner says

I’m sorry, but I have no more updates at all since a few days… closed the app, opened again a few times…nothing.

350 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
simonswiss says

Same here but I think there is something going on with Envato APIs as also the other app I have for sales push notifications is not ‘pushing’ anymore since a few days (worked fine over the last year or so).

I am using tabvn and it is working properly for me. GreenPaw has become completely dead since a few days – i thought i had run out of my trial period..

by
by
by
by
by
by