149 posts
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
ShadyMapleMusic says

Hello everyone,

My name is Pedro Costa. I’ve been a member of AJ for several years but never uploaded anything yet. I thought I would give it a try not really understanding what it was about. Fast forward to now… I have been learning about music for media for a couple of years now and have successfuly placed music on ABC, TLC, SyFy, Headline News, TruTv, Fuel TV, Telemundo, and Discovery channel. I’d like to take a crack at using AJ but would love some advice on what type of music would be best to upload.

Also when dealing with music libraries I have treated even non-exclusive libraries as exclusive. How do you guys handle the music that you post here, do you have it signed elsewhere?

Looks like a really great community here. Wish I had started earlier. But it’s never too late :)

Pedro

1383 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

Hi Pedro and welcome to the jungle!

If you want to have a rough idea of what sells here, you can listen to the popular files under Music category, or browse every music category sorting items by sales. If you are real good at one genre you could upload only that kind of music and try to become a reference point for customers.
By the way if you already had your music on tv you won’t have any problem on creating and uploading the “right” song :)

About exclusivity, search the forum and you will find many interesting threads. My opinion is that it’s better stay exclusive here, otherwise you will spend a lot of time managing various sites.

149 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
ShadyMapleMusic says

Thanks a lot Luca! Nice to meet you :) Well, I hope you’re right. I’m guessing it’s a different client that buys music from AJ. So to understand that demographic is a new learning curve I’m guessing. But I’m up for the challenge!

1124 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
MastaBlack_fK says

Welcome Pedro! Explore popular items here – it will show the right direction. Good luck! :)

149 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
ShadyMapleMusic says

Thanks a lot MastaBlack! :) Nice to meet you!

354 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
brandonamatias says

Hi Pedro! Welcome to AJ :)

I think we have a lot of mutual friends through the “yellow cab” company, if I’m not mistaken? If you have any specific questions or whatever, feel free to message me anytime!

Brandon

1545 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Welcome dude and good luck! Cool to see you have a lot of placements already, I’m sure you will do great here :)

76 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Fegender says

Welcome Pedro, looking forward to listen to your tracks!!!

149 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
ShadyMapleMusic says

Thanks a lot guys! I think I’m starting to understand how the site works. All the music is royalty free so any music registered with a PRO need not be uploaded here. So that takes out my current non-exclusive catalogue. I’m thinking the best approach is to sing on to the exclusive contract and create tracks specifically for AJ. Does this sound about right or I am still not understanding the premise of the site. Thanks again for all the warm wlecomes and support :)

85 posts
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
alextunka says

Welcome and good luck ! Wish you the best ! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by