598 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+7 more
simonswiss says

+1 for the amazingness of this framework.

The only thing that bogs my mind with the extensions (and other TF prospects might feel the same) is the introduction text that says: “they are like plugins, but directly integrated within your theme for easier theme shipping” or something like that.

I know that there is an option to export extensions as plugins, but this intro makes it seem like you’re doing the exact opposite of what should be done, keep functionality in plug-in land and out of the theme’s code..

Up to now, that always kinda scared me to tinker with the extensions too much. Maybe you should consider rewriting this intro paragraph (i think it’s in the WP admin under extensions main tab).

Also, within the extensions, how would you compare the “custom post types and fields” with plugins like Advanced Custom Fields and Custom Post Type UI? Any harm in using these plugins and requiring their install rather than using the provided extensions?

Again, awesome work Andy!

5 posts
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CreativeSnails says

HI there,

I am getting this error when I install the framework and activate the chile theme:

Warning: file_get_contents(/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=sync): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\localweb\Larissa-WP\wp-content\themes\runway-framework\framework\includes\auth-manager\settings-object.php on line 92

Any ideas why? Thank you!

5 posts
  • Located in Europe
CreativeSnails says

HI there,

I am getting this error when I install the framework and activate the chile theme:

Warning: file_get_contents(/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=sync): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\localweb\Larissa-WP\wp-content\themes\runway-framework\framework\includes\auth-manager\settings-object.php on line 92

I figure it out… thank you!

25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Austria
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Theme-Forge says

HI there,

could you share your insights? :)

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

HI there,

could you share your insights? :)

Right now that feature is unnecessary. It shouldn’t be producing an error, and I haven’t experienced one, but you can removed it completely by deleting the folder framework/includes/auth-manager/ and it will take care of any problems.

6 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
canoode says

He @Parallelus Why not merge with Redux you too? As I read on Envato Notes, the current version of the Redux framework is a merge of four previously very popular frameworks here: Redux, SimpleOptions, SMOF and NHP.

2 posts
  • Located in Australia
Themebly says

He @Parallelus Why not merge with Redux you too? As I read on Envato Notes, the current version of the Redux framework is a merge of four previously very popular frameworks here: Redux, SimpleOptions, SMOF and NHP.
@Andy, he poses a great question. However we an add the functionality of redux into this easily enough. But having a branch that has this already installed might be a nice time saver.
1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

There wouldn’t be any way to integrate Runway into Redux, but we can certainly add all the functionality of Redux into Runway. I’ve spoken with the creator of Redux and there isn’t any way to “merge” the frameworks since they’re not the same. Redux is simpler in that it’s only a set of theme options while Runway is a theme development environment with much greater scope. The entirety of the Redux framework would consist of a single feature of Runway, our Options Builder to be specific.

We’re already looking into making it possible to include the Redux input fields in the Runway options builder automatically. Just by doing that we would essentially have all the functionality of Redux. It’s something we’re hoping to incorporate soon.

2 posts
  • Located in Australia
Themebly says

We’re already looking into making it possible to include the Redux input fields in the Runway options builder automatically.

Then we have something that will be quite incredible. Not that Runway isn’t already, but to use the Redux options in the builder will be quite something.

6 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
growthnestapps says

Hi,

I’m having trouble with vellum theme.

I’m using Wordpress Multisite option.

Here’s the errors…

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xyz/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/object.php on line 76 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xyz/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/object.php on line 76 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xyz/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/object.php on line 76 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xyz/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/object.php:76) in /home/xyz/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 563 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xyz/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/object.php:76) in /home/xyz/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 564
by
by
by
by
by
by