• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says

@growthnestapps

Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having. We’ve already posted a solution to this on our Help Center and have an updated release coming out to prevent it in the future. You can see the fix here: http://para.llel.us/support/groups/vellum/forum/topic/invalid-argument/

6 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
growthnestapps says

Thanks, I’m checking the links.

6 posts
  • Australia
growthnestapps says

Thanks, I’m checking the links.

Thanks @Parallelus, the fix worked. I hope you can bundle the fix into the installation.

Best regards

6 posts
  • Australia
growthnestapps says

This theme is super hard to customise, considering the money spent. Please guide to the right documentation and/or starter guide. Other themes for the same price range are much easier to use.

9 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
Themefyre says

I was looking over the framework, everything looks very well done and I love the name you chose, it’s very fitting. It’s clear how much time has been put into developing the framework. Good luck with everything!

I saw your video review and article about attaining Power Elite status, congratulations! Must be a great feeling, I hope to attain it as well someday, successful and hardworking people like yourself are an inspiration.

6 posts
  • Australia
growthnestapps says

@Themefyre, did you buy the Vellum theme? Have you tried installing it and setting up a site? Please share your experience, any hints are beneficial.

6 posts
  • Australia
growthnestapps says

Thanks @Parallelus

Your support was fast and super!

Managed to resolve the issues… Awesome theme and very powerful :-)

Thanks for your help.

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
stephaNNb says

Hello. I got some question why you planned to developed the layouts manager and content types for this? We got visual composer . I`m thinking that people don’t need this feature at all, it’s a little wired for them. Waiting to hear what you planned for it or what is the main benefits for it. Thank you. And great job .

1029 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
+5 more
Parallelus says

Hello. I got some question why you planned to developed the layouts manager and content types for this? We got visual composer . I`m thinking that people don’t need this feature at all, it’s a little wired for them. Waiting to hear what you planned for it or what is the main benefits for it. Thank you. And great job .

A content builder like Visual Composer and our Layout Manager serve very different functions. The features of Visual Composer are only relevant to a single page/post and cannot effect anything outside that scope. Layouts created with the Layout Manager are capable of applying large scale changes, site wide, from a centralized location. The layouts are essentially a replacement for WordPress template pages. Instead of creating a custom template PHP file to achieve a page with a right and left sidebar, now you just open the Layout Manager and create this in the admin and apply it where you need.

Another example of how it could be applied, if you had a site that was broken into sections, for example a news site with 5 main areas and each area had a unique color, header graphic and footer, the Layout Manager would let you make those design applications directly from the admin. You could assign the custom colors, design elements, headers and footers to each of the 5 sections and all of the pages, posts and other content in those areas would adopt the look automatically. If you ever needed to change something about one of those areas, you simple edit that one layout and the change is applied universally to every place on the site using that layout. That’s not possible with a content builder where you instead go running around your site making updates to every page.

Another thing you can do with the layout manager is create areas to be populated with widgets, or pages or static blocks or any other custom post type. While it’s possible to use a content builder for similar functionality, it leaves you with a problem for updates. If you ever want to modify the structure of pages created with a content builder you have to edit every page but the layout manager is centralized. It also gives you control over assigning custom headers and footers, this just isn’t possible from a content builder at all.

I hope that helps!

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
mayooresan says

Ouch!! Just purchased Ultimatum a week ago but will give this framework a try and give feedback.

Meh! I’m in the same boat :( spent 100 bucks already.

by
by
by
by
by
by