(Locked) Introducing: Splitr.io - Manage your Envato Profits Effortlessy with your Partners

1821 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

Hey guys,

We stopped working on this a while ago as Envato’s API was very limited back then.

If you guys wish to build something like this that’s Open Source, then I’d be willing to give you a hand :)

SamBerson, wouldn’t it be better for the structure of the forum if this new project was discussed on the same topic, following what was discussed already? Also, being something open source, it makes 100% sense for it to be discussed publicly rather then privately. It’s something for the community, by the community, right?

Best, Tiago

Meh, alright :)

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
HelloTiago says

Hey guys,

We stopped working on this a while ago as Envato’s API was very limited back then.

If you guys wish to build something like this that’s Open Source, then I’d be willing to give you a hand :)

SamBerson, wouldn’t it be better for the structure of the forum if this new project was discussed on the same topic, following what was discussed already? Also, being something open source, it makes 100% sense for it to be discussed publicly rather then privately. It’s something for the community, by the community, right?

Best, Tiago
Meh, alright :)

You’re awesome! :)

281 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
BizLogic says

What about the existing code? Will you release it under an Open Source license? There’s no guarantee that we will use it, but it could be useful to us or someone else.

I, personally, would do AGPL for something like this.

Thanks.
8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
HelloTiago says

What about the existing code? Will you release it under an Open Source license? There’s no guarantee that we will use it, but it could be useful to us or someone else.

Thanks.

Hey,

The code we have had little functionality (just grabbing info from envato, login, signup) and it hasn’t been updated in a while so it’s running an old version of the Laravel PHP Framework. I think it would be best to start fresh.

I’d be happy to share the front-end with the homepage design though.

1821 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+12 more
SamBerson says
281 posts
BizLogic says

I’d be happy to share the front-end with the homepage design though.
The UI did look cool.

1. What license will you grant for that?
  2. Can you send it? e-mail: codecanyon@cloneui.com—I will put it on GitHub tonight (with your blessing)

Thanks.
136 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
Konnessa says

Yay, I’m glad we’ve got a conversation going. I think its good to carry forward the idea and design ideas of the original so this thread is just coming into its own :)

281 posts
BizLogic says

@turn90: I thought of a good project name & the domain name is available. Let’s discuss: codecanyon@cloneui.com

I was just thinking that this could be a generic solution, not just Envato specific.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
MusiciansU says

This looks like it would be very good for the artistic community within Envato.

281 posts
BizLogic says

So, moving @ Internet speed…

I took the liberty of setting up the GitHub repo: https://github.com/CloneUI/OpenSplit
Tentative title: OpenSplit
Tentative license: APGL v3

Feel free to fork & send pull requests.

by
by
by
by
by
by