• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
lifwanian says

Honestly, I think the Map app is simply amazing. First off, its the first version. Of course there will be bugs. Sure maybe they rushed it, but for those who are “nuked”, just wait it out and it’ll be fixed.

For the areas that do work, WOW .

Second, not only is it vector based and extremely fast, it is also just beautiful! I can’t wait to get the new iPhone tomorrow and start playing around with it.

categorywordpress
categorywordpress Recent Posts
Threads Started
10 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
categorywordpress says

I don’t get why people are crapping their pants over the Maps app. Leave it to the blogoshpere and fanboys to go crazy over one minor detail of a major OS upgrade lol. It works fine for me, I have been using it for months since they released the beta and have not had any issues using the search to find local places or with directions… I think once again people are looking for things to nitpick and whine about. I’m sure Google Maps has had just as many issues if not more with their photo mesh technique when they launched (keep in mind this is v1.0 of their own mapping engine). If you think you can do a better job of mapping an entire planet I would love to see your best attempt and critique it :P
When you pay $550 for a Phone you aspect it to work 100%... I don’t blame people complaining its their right they paid alot of money for it…

I don’t see where it’s their “right,” if you ask me if you know the maps aren’t perfect and they are that important to you it’s your fault for buying the phone in the first place. All of this information has been around for months, nobody cared until the phone was actually announced and iOS6 was out for the masses.

I say stop crying and use one of the numerous other services including Google Maps which works fine in the browser. They also have a stand alone Maps app that is supposed to be in the store for the launch, im sure Apple is taking their time reviewing it :D

They have also said as people use it these things will disappear (quite quickly as well) because millions of people are doing the work for them finding problem areas. If Google Maps v1.0 just came out today being features on the SG3 it would be the same exact story.
HUH ?... When you see advertisements on the television that everything works perfectly on the “Iphone” you expect when purchasing that EVERYTHING works 100% on the phone… I see no writing on the ad saying may not work 100% or the “maps aren’t working great” Just because YOU have low standards and don’t care if everything doesn’t work it doesn’t mean everyone else does.No body is “Crying” about it,They are just “annoyed” to see that their product they purchased doesn’t work 100% for that high price tag…
6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

Second, not only is it vector based and extremely fast, it is also just beautiful!

can be vector how much it wants but if you search for a nice pub to go with your girlfriend for a nice evening and you end up in the middle of some ghetto at 2 in the morning maybe there is a problem.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
TylerQuinn says

I have been using it on me new iPhone5 and have not had any issues with the maps app.

Let them whine :)

DobrincuSebastian
DobrincuSebastian Recent Posts
Threads Started
145 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
DobrincuSebastian says

I already spend 2 days on Apple Support with iOS 6 Activation … Tomorow i will get it to a service…

56 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
libra-online says

i love how people are religiously loyal to a brand. can’t everyone see what apple does? it tweaks this and that, phone is 0.0002% thinner => new version => people upgrade the next day => new connection cables, etc. some see the shortcomings, others flame those who see, but at the end, there are just a bunch of people paying a lot for nothing. i am happy i sold everything made by apple, and replaced them with stuff that simply WORKS . oh well, sorry for the offtopic, just an opinion.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
TylerQuinn says

i love how people are religiously loyal to a brand. can’t everyone see what apple does? it tweaks this and that, phone is 0.0002% thinner => new version => people upgrade the next day => new connection cables, etc. some see the shortcomings, others flame those who see, but at the end, there are just a bunch of people paying a lot for nothing. i am happy i sold everything made by apple, and replaced them with stuff that simply WORKS . oh well, sorry for the offtopic, just an opinion.

20% thinner * which was done by making the connector smaller.

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

Has nothing to do with it, the iPods are thinner with the same old connector. :)
1840 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

In iOS6 I don’t exist yet. Our building is only about to be build according to their “new” maps 8-)

1475 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Has nothing to do with it, the iPods are thinner with the same old connector. :)

The iPods are iPods… they don’t have antennas, radios, and their batteries don’t account for constant radio activity. Don’t be ignorant.

by
by
by
by
by
by