I just love it :inlove:

240 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

I’m not too keen. Personally I don’t like the transition time like when it’s locked and you turn it on, that fade in is too slow and I double tap because I don’t think it’s responding.

For me, it’s a step backwards for UX, it feels clumsy and slow, it seems too much energy was spent on the design rather than actual functionality and real life usage.

Just my 2 cents

790 posts
  • Located in Hungary
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
aron66 says

Let me show u a pic.

144 posts Designer & Developer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Webbu says

I did not like. If I want to use Android I buy that. I wish Steve Jobs was alive, and he re design this IOS 7.

2723 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

Feels inconsistent to me. There’s little visual consistency between each app. Just because Apple are now using a white background and mostly text, does not mean that this is successful minimalism. It just feels bland. Lacks effective use of color. I particularly dislike how the typography looks when you scroll through dates in the calendar or in the stopwatch (the rolodex effect). It doesn’t even look smooth. Effective minimalism needs to be combined with good use of white space, good, consistent typography, and improved usability.

Overall it feels too stripped back and too verbose. The flat design seems to work really well with something like the calculator, but notice how they’ve employed color effectively there. Contrast this against the new calendar layout and design. The calendar feels like a step backwards with too much variance in text size.

Where the attempt at minimal design ultimately fails, in my opinion, is that it doesn’t result in more effective usability. I honestly think iOS7 is less intuitive than iOS6, particularly when I try to visualize a non-tech savvy person trying to use an iPhone for the very first time.

I’ve never been one for customization but iOS7 makes me want to customize my iPhone so much more now because of how lacking and incomplete it feels. Alas, this is still not yet possible.

Got to put it all in perspective however: It’s new, and with all new things, it will definitely take some time to get used to. But right now, my first impressions are that it all feels like a work in progress and not quite where Apple, or indeed their customers, would want it to ultimately be.

446 posts here for love
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
nCrafts says

^ agreed. There is too much of white.

The animations are very smooth and confident. It’s the best part. The icons? It wasn’t a prank. They actually used those icons :(

406 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
smudgethis says

Let me show u a pic.

But didn’t android copy in 2008 what apple first released in 2007?

790 posts
  • Located in Hungary
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
aron66 says

I dont know what android did at 2008. But Im 100% sure about Apple is out of ideas now.

5361 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I like the transitions, and my favorite part is how I can control the music player without having to unlock the screen. I agree with Scott that things feel inconsistent. Everything is so minimal and flat the icons just don’t really fit at all.

188 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Wlado says

At least they changed something…I updated yesterday,it was interesting first 10 minutes,then I was like “wow,it feels like I’m back to android again”...Lots of stuff are total rip off from android…Lets say I like camera settings,now you can switch easy from square to panorama etc,animations are smooth aaaand that’s about it…they are running out of ideas that’s for sure,without Steve they are sinking slowly but sure…..

by
by
by
by
by
by