205 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
FWDesign says

Ok since the ios6 update I found a gazilion of bugs in safari and chrome, the most serious one is that if you have one or more setTimeouts and you are scrolling the page chances are that those timers will never run this will crush your app for sure.

I’ve tried a fix on my own but I have found a javascript class which is fixing this issue, you can download it at the below link.

https://gist.github.com/3755461?goback=.gde_3007928_member_166494491

I have added a few a few lines of code so that this class is activated only if it is running on IOS6 , for those who need this class with modification email me and I will send it to you.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

42 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
maguiar01 says

That’s a really strange bug.

Thanks for sharing this.

205 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

I can’t believe apple escaped this bug into the browser, frankly flash was 100 more bug free then html5 on safari.

25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
SOHN says

Thank you for sharing. iOS 6 is very weird.

205 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

I want to add the requestAnimationFrame is not rendered all the time so stay away from it on ios6!

6023 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Thanks for sharing FWD .

42 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
maguiar01 says

I want to add the requestAnimationFrame is not rendered all the time so stay away from it on ios6!

raf doesn’t work too? WTF ?! After successfully killed flash Apple is trying to kill (ie render useless) the web standards too?

205 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

raf doesn’t work too? WTF ?! After successfully killed flash Apple is trying to kill (ie render useless) the web standards too?

YES ! apple’s ios6 is agains HTML5 developers this is what I get from the current update. Read the below post about RAF .

http://forums.greensock.com/topic/6639-tweens-not-working-on-ios6/
5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I think we have enough proof now to officially say that Apple was full of it when it touted “web standards” as a reason to ditch Flash. Last time I visited Apple.com I couldn’t watch a video because I didn’t have Quicktime installed. CASE CLOSED .

As far as RAF is concerned I guess the solution is to use RAF as a simple “onUpdate” ticker and then adjust the CSS manually in the tick function (without computing any styles, etc. as shown in that Greensock example).

Conspiracy theorists might say that web apps are being sabotaged in favor of native Apps. I doubt it, but the theory is out there..

205 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says
Conspiracy theorists might say that web apps are being sabotaged in favor of native Apps. I doubt it, but the theory is out there.

I’ve been saying this for a long time I totally agree with you, it seam to me that apple cares only about their precious app store, the browser seam that it dose not really matter and they add this bugs intentionally this is how I see it, I mean how the heck to kill timers when the page is scrolled? this was made on purpose for sure.

by
by
by
by
by
by