6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Conspiracy theorists might say that web apps are being sabotaged in favor of native Apps. I doubt it, but the theory is out there.
I’ve been saying this for a long time I totally agree with you, it seam to me that apple cares only about their precious app store, the browser seam that it dose not really matter and they add this bugs intentionally this is how I see it, I mean how the heck to kill timers when the page is scrolled? this was made on purpose for sure.

It is more of a problem related to performance – optimisation – inability. Apple can’t take the risk of intentional bugs on mobile browser at the situations like this (as Chrome became default browser for recent Android). I think Safari is more prone to get crashed if it allows intense rendering (usually by timer based animations) at the time of scrolling and pinch actions. So to avoid crash, the next alternative is making all the animation possibilities to less. Personally I dropped 2 of my item developments in half way just due to safari crashes on iPad in the situations like this (not always). We can’t explain these issues to our buyers :(

206 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
FWDesign says

Chrome on ios6 acts the same as safari so it is not browser related all browsers on ios6 kill timers while scrolling the page and RAF is not implemented correctly!

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Chrome on ios6 acts the same as safari so it is not browser related all browsers on ios6 kill timers while scrolling the page and RAF is not implemented correctly!

Both Safari and Chrome faces same limitations on iOS. So we can’t expect any browser to perform well on iOS:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/28/google-bows-to-apple-chrome-on-ios-will-use-apples-slow-uiwebview-to-render-web-pages/
5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

The problem isn’t related to RAF directly. All scrolling does is throttle the frame rate, so it’s like opening another tab and the frame rate drops to zero until you return. Personally I don’t really have a problem with pausing animations while scrolling since the frame rate returns to normal afterward. The other bugs are a different story.

298 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Endat says

Apple sucks

by
by
by
by