1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Some rumors say it won’t have retina.

Some say it won’t have both Retina and 3G. But who knows?

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

I thought the iPhone 5, being bigger, is already kind of an iPad mini? Meh! What was the speech about fragmentation again? :D

42 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
MelonadeStudios says

Steve was always against a smaller tablet – Apple has changed, especially when naming the iPhone 5, the 6th gen iPhone, just to satisfy consumer rumours.

Also, poor developers! How many screen size and resolution changes do you need?! XD

110 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a blog post
+3 more
Atzar says

I’m not quite sure how they’ll be able to compete with the Amazon Fire which I know is popular, as well as the Nexus 7 which will probably both be cheaper.

But then again apple could market a £1 coin with their logo on it and people would still buy it for £300, so I think they will probably succeed.

:)

1739 posts
+2 more
gbs says

I’m not quite sure how they’ll be able to compete with the Amazon Fire which I know is popular, as well as the Nexus 7 which will probably both be cheaper.

But then again apple could market a £1 coin with their logo on it and people would still buy it for £300, so I think they will probably succeed.

:)

When it goes to a competitive market of tablets at this size, I think the applications are a factor to decide which one to buy. I’d go for Apple, then. And you are right. People always seem too eager to own a device with the Apple logo.

607 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

I already have the new iPad which works splendidly for my needs. Not sure why I’d want to pick this one up. Maybe that’s the point…

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

I already have the new iPad which works splendidly for my needs. Not sure why I’d want to pick this one up. Maybe that’s the point…

I think it would make perfect sense as a budget device for $199. Non-retina resolution like the first iPad, but since it’s a smaller device, the DPI would still be okay. This would be a bomby facebook machine, mainly little kids would want it and if it’s under $199 they would surely get it :)

5971 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Steve was always against a smaller tablet – Apple has changed, especially when naming the iPhone 5, the 6th gen iPhone, just to satisfy consumer rumours.

Decisions are relative to situation. As of now, any CEO including Steve Jobs couldn’t resist releasing a ~7 inch one. As iPad reached the 3rd gen with exact same dimension as previous ones and also touched the Retina level display, they can’t stop with this for the sake of meeting current/future demands.

May be if we have to be particular about how exactly SJ would think – that’s waste of effort as he might even considered leaving from Apple and focus different projects with NeXT, we never know! :P

590 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
CodeSwift says

iPad mini? Isn’t that iPhone?

5971 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

iPad mini? Isn’t that iPhone?

I think iPhone6 could be planned for less than current size. Fragmentation alert! :P

by
by
by
by
by
by