• Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

It is unlikely that the ipad mini will have retina, it will be 1024×768 helping to keep the cost down and making sure it is not in direct competition with the full-size ipad.

39 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
asifnm7 says

I have come to realise that no matter what I say to fanboy friends and family they will still buy an apple product simply because it is an apple product; as an example I offer the following conversation recently regarding maps on iphone 5. fanboy: the iphone 5 is much better than the rest for maps because it has turn by turn directions Me: you have a sat nav built into your car fanboy: yes but this is much better, it’s portable and updates to the map are free. a couple of weeks later when the map problems happened the conversation went something like this Me: see I told you the maps are crap fanboy: maps are not important, it is much better with retina display and a widescreen screen and a much quicker ‘lightening connector’ (?) anyway I just use my satnav in my car. So basically no matter what people say about apple the fanboys will always stick with them, but that is their right, if they like it then we cannot stop them from buying it.

110 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
AGSoft says

That’s pretty much all fanboys in general.

110 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
Atzar says

I have come to realise that no matter what I say to fanboy friends and family they will still buy an apple product simply because it is an apple product; as an example I offer the following conversation recently regarding maps on iphone 5. fanboy: the iphone 5 is much better than the rest for maps because it has turn by turn directions Me: you have a sat nav built into your car fanboy: yes but this is much better, it’s portable and updates to the map are free. a couple of weeks later when the map problems happened the conversation went something like this Me: see I told you the maps are crap fanboy: maps are not important, it is much better with retina display and a widescreen screen and a much quicker ‘lightening connector’ (?) anyway I just use my satnav in my car. So basically no matter what people say about apple the fanboys will always stick with them, but that is their right, if they like it then we cannot stop them from buying it.

I used to think that people who buy Iphones are genuinely people who don’t know any better and sort of give into Apple’s incredible marketing. But I look round the Forums and plenty of knowledgeable people have them as well, I just don’t see the attraction to them personally, but that’s just me I’m very obsessed with pricing etc. :P

I can see the market that they’re aiming at but I think that it might be dismissed by knowledgeable people and whether that will affect their sales I don’t know! :)

P.S; Knowledgeable people = People who understand what makes a good phone underneath the cover and how this affects performance etc. etc. :)

738 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Russian Federation
JohnMcNeill says
iPhone 5 can shoot nice video ;) just look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpYG5RGpwDE&feature=g-user-lik this guy shoot this with iphone for me it’s pretty cool
8119 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

both platforms have their advantages but I do prefer how iOS works mostly over android, it’s just a pain to sync stuff etc…

42 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
MelonadeStudios says

@johnmcneill – They still haven’t fixed the seriously bad shake distortion (in need of a better term), even in this video you can see it. Filming anything unless you are utterly still doesn’t turn out too good even on iPhone 5.

1716 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
gbs says

@johnmcneill – They still haven’t fixed the seriously bad shake distortion (in need of a better term), even in this video you can see it. Filming anything unless you are utterly still doesn’t turn out too good even on iPhone 5.

Actually I don’t expect more from a tiny and compact mobile phone’s camera lenses. What’s great to me is the mobility – shooting video everywhere; at an acceptable quality. When it comes to sth more serious I guess I’d prefer to bring my DSLR :).

1716 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
gbs says
8119 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

to be honest though it doesn’t with most cameras…

by
by
by
by
by
by