• 2 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
GoliathDesign
says

hi guys,

I know that i might be causing a vibrant discussion between people who support Apple and people who supprt samsung, but please just dont. To your info, I got botch a Mac and a Windows Computer as well as a Samsung phone.

Question: For drawing and sketching would you recommend an ipad mini (many amazing productivity and drawing apps, or a galaxy tab s (very good screen and battery life).

I really cant seem to be abke to decide as the galaxy tab s is cheaper (at least where I am, able to buy it) but the ipad seems to really have way better apps.

What are your suggestions for someone who uses it as a sketchbook and productivity tool?

824 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 2
+6 more
Flinzar
says

I use an iPad Mini, and it’s battery life is the best I’ve seen yet. (Always charge from 0% to 100%)

But if you want to use it for sketching, unless there’s a way to use a touch Pen or something, I wouldn’t recommend it.

98 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
GoliathDesign
says

Hi there,

well yes, there are several pens which seem to be very good with any capacitive screen. So you’d totally recommend it?

974 posts Rock 'N' Roll
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
LSVRthemes
says

Another satisfied iPad Mini (Retina) owner here. If money is not the problem, then definitely go for it, although the iPad Air may be a better alternative for drawing. And buy at least 32gb version, you will fill the 16gb version in no time.

98 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
GoliathDesign
says

Hey, many thanks for your reply. I was thinking about buying 16GB, just to save that little amount, but I guess I an in the fortunate situation of being able to follow your suggestion and spend a bit more on the 32GB.

As for the stylus, I’m thinking about the not too expensive “Jot Pro” which seems to be very good.

by
by
by
by
by
by