91 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
GoliathDesign says

hi guys,

I know that i might be causing a vibrant discussion between people who support Apple and people who supprt samsung, but please just dont. To your info, I got botch a Mac and a Windows Computer as well as a Samsung phone.

Question: For drawing and sketching would you recommend an ipad mini (many amazing productivity and drawing apps, or a galaxy tab s (very good screen and battery life).

I really cant seem to be abke to decide as the galaxy tab s is cheaper (at least where I am, able to buy it) but the ipad seems to really have way better apps.

What are your suggestions for someone who uses it as a sketchbook and productivity tool?

820 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Flinzar says

I use an iPad Mini, and it’s battery life is the best I’ve seen yet. (Always charge from 0% to 100%)

But if you want to use it for sketching, unless there’s a way to use a touch Pen or something, I wouldn’t recommend it.

91 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
GoliathDesign says

Hi there,

well yes, there are several pens which seem to be very good with any capacitive screen. So you’d totally recommend it?

543 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

Another satisfied iPad Mini (Retina) owner here. If money is not the problem, then definitely go for it, although the iPad Air may be a better alternative for drawing. And buy at least 32gb version, you will fill the 16gb version in no time.

91 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
GoliathDesign says

Hey, many thanks for your reply. I was thinking about buying 16GB, just to save that little amount, but I guess I an in the fortunate situation of being able to follow your suggestion and spend a bit more on the 32GB.

As for the stylus, I’m thinking about the not too expensive “Jot Pro” which seems to be very good.

by
by
by
by
by
by