3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
waqar says

Hi,

My client is looking for a web template that is fully compatible with the iPad.

Can someone me recommend templates that don’t use flash for photo display/animation?

Thankyou.

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

Hi,

most of the themes here use flash exclusively for the video players (YouTube, Vimeo, etc). Some use html5 playes that should work on ipad, not usre because I don’t have it, but html5 players are for self hosted videos.

Taking as example my latest theme, I made different fallbacks for special devices. For audio and all type of videos, if the flash player isn’t available, I replace the flash movies with the custom cover image selected for each audio/video file. These covers link directly to youtube, vimeo or the files themselves if they’re self hosted, in this way who navigates the site can access the media using the avilable players on the device he’s using.

I don’t think that more than this can be done, what you can do is to browse the themes that you like with an ipad and see which one is good for your needs.

Cheers,

Parker

3445 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Very few templates here use flash for anything other than video, but if you’re looking for a theme that is specifically iPad-ready, you might check out http://themeforest.net/item/wordpress-zoom-portfolio-blog/231324

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
waqar says

Heads up for the replies P&K, sevenspark.

I will take a look at the options.

Thankyou,

Waqar.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
SamBoppity says

This may be a silly question so i’m apologising in advance. How is this iPad compatible when it relies on mouse overs to move the menu system at the bottom?

3556 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

This may be a silly question so i’m apologising in advance. How is this iPad compatible when it relies on mouse overs to move the menu system at the bottom?
Did you even watch the screencast or try the theme on your iPad before asking this? The theme has a lot of swipe gestures for iPad, so that’s how it is compatible.
by
by
by
by
by
by