138 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
KLANDA says
:/ Yes I know, unavoidable. Well someone had to start one!

I was at first, unconvinced by the completely redesigned ‘chassis’ for the new iPhone. The break lines, acute edges, and circular volume controls just seemed so radically different from previous models. Undeniably however, it doesn’t get more Apple then that. The iPhone 4 really is at the cutting edge of innovative industrial design. I think it’s just as iconic, if not more than the products we’ve seen in the last few years (maybe with exclusion of the iPad). We will have to wait and see, but from photos and short user videos, the new design looks amazing in your hand. I read on quite a few sites about face to face comparison with the 4 and 3GS. Many people solely commented on the fact that their 3GS was so much more cumbersome and bulky in comparison. The more compact design (24% more compact) really does look and feel like a product way ahead of its time. I can’t wait to try it out in store to and make some real conclusions.

A note on a few of its features;

Facetime: Although Sam Mendes depicts a blissful, cliche view of the potential this new feature could bring, I really think that ‘wifi only’ is going to limit its spontaneousness. And isn’t that a big chunk of what its about? In large built up areas it shouldn’t be a problem as you can guarantee your brain is being frazzled by at least 10 hotspots simultaneously! (I dont actually believe that..) Having to scout for a hot spot in your more rural scenes must take the ‘magic’ and casual out of using it.

HD video: Again, until I see this (and the retina display) for myself in store, I can only comment on the videos and pictures i’ve seen on Apple.com. But boy, do they look incredible. 720p HD video capabilities. WOW . Finally you can take a good picture with your phone. Some may say, ‘whats the point unless its going to replace your compact?’. I don’t know what to say about this. I’ve scratched my head trying to deliberate a considered answer, but I guess i’ll have to see, if I do buy one, that it fits seamlessly into my life, and benefits it in some way. I think that is the crux of the product. Also, iMovie for iPhone 4 (something like $5.99) seems a little on the ‘gimmicky’ side of things. No doubt the screen lovely and large (Bigger than most, smaller than others) but to make anything more than a 5 minute time passer doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Don’t get me wrong I am a huge fan of Apple, and very exited about last nights news and product announcements, but I have to more objective! It sure looks powerful for mobile software, but can this be fully integrated into your desktop suite of applications (obviously including iMove09). If yes is the answer, they’ve hit on a great idea. Where you can take great shots and video clips of a holiday or business trip and do some of the work right there on your phone. Anyway, I could go on but I want to hear from you :) .....

Multitasking (dont the right way!): Now, this is the thing i’ve been really exited about. Looks like Apple have a version of the iPads powerful A4 chip inside the tiny steel case of the 4. Hopefully (im sure it will) it will cruise through multiple applications and prove to be the most useful and productive update to software and hardware since the intel processors! I can’t wait for this to come out in the next iPad update, as I would really like to purchase one then! For now, i’m tied to a two year contract (:S) so I will probably be looking at an iPhone HDs 6 or w.e futuristic name they will conjure up.

iBooks: Not such a new feature since the keynote in Feb, but with the update of integrated PDF viewing, this looks more and more like a useful product. I can’t say I would want to read anything more than a 2 page PDF from a client, so I can’t really see myself reading books on it. However, clearly it was something they had to bring to the iPhone, or people would start crying. The fact that all purchases made are compatible across their range of products that supports iBooks does looks promising. No more double purchasing!

Now, if you haven’t already bled your fingers dry in the engadget/gdgt.. comments section, post any thoughts here.

Oh yeh, and I hate the white iPhone 4. What were they thinking? and, it made me laugh at name they chose for their new case. I think engadget called it ‘the bunker’ while on Apple.com it was called the ‘bumper’. Both hilarious name imo.

Thanks guys

138 posts
+5 more
KLANDA says

for some reason its cut off a lot of my post :/ ;’( any devs around?

138 posts
+5 more
KLANDA says

ah, its fixed now…

1236 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
HarveyDesign says

Moved to Off Topic. :)

343 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JackHowell says

... but I want one.

Stupid Apple making me want things I don’t need.

825 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
InterantMedia says
... but I want one. Stupid Apple making me want things I don’t need.

:D

343 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JackHowell says

All £499 of want. Dammit. Least there is going to be fierce competition here in the UK to get people onto a contract or even just to switch providers.

NechitaPaulFlavius
NechitaPaulFlavius Recent Posts Threads Started
311 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
NechitaPaulFlavius says

I think this is one of the top products that Apple made so far.And if the retina display proves to be as good as it sounds i sure can find a reason or two , maybe a few more to get one.The design is nice, but just nice, they sure could’ve done much more.ohh..and iOs 4, this really sounds good.This new features , both os and physical make me want this phone more and more.

Maybe, if I sell enough products here on the marketplace, I can buy myself one in the next year or so .

by
by
by
by
by
by