• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
sike says

Now the wifi can use 5GHz. I like this. :)

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

Ever since the world, particularly tech sites, have become obsessed with Apple and the Apple iPhone, all the Apple announcement events have become less and less relevant for me. Everything gets rumored and reported and discussed to death before the actual thing comes out. Of course, Apple are probably not going to stop having public announcement events, it generates a huge and priceless amount of ‘free’ media coverage and ‘free’ promotion around the world.

But the main point I’m making here is that it’s kinda sad that the Internet has become a way to unwrap Christmas presents before it’s actually Christmas day, if you get the analogy I’m trying to make here. Apart from Apple’s benefit of the ‘free’ media coverage for doing these events, why do some people still get excited over Apple events when at least 80% of what is being announced has been rumored or discussed weeks if not months beforehand?

Totally cause and effect of course and probably nothing you can do about it other than avoid the rumor mills and oversaturated focus on what Apple will or won’t do next, but a sign of the times nonetheless: Some things are hardly a secret or a surprise any more. People want everything yesterday and can hardly wait until tomorrow.

Compare this to where we were when the first iPhone was announced/released, that very first event was quite groundbreaking and therefore more memorable because less was known about the very first iPhone. Ultimately, this leads to the question, is the speed at which we garner knowledge at the sacrifice and expense of excitement, enjoyment and apprehension?

301 posts
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
squaredWeb says

Well, there is not much negative to say, its a solid apple product and looks just like that. Unfortunately there is also nothing really surprising or great about it. To me the most interesting thing about the iphone5 is to see if samsung really will sue apple for using lte.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
TylerQuinn says

4 ” Retina display, 326 PPI is a break point we have never seen that before :P , the iCrap is here… Where the days you just know something new will be out? Fine by me just pay the $600 :P or buy an S3 :P

Where are you getting $600?

Same price as the 4S and every other iPhone launch (unless you got ripped and refunded on the original) at $199 on contract. That puts it on par with pretty much every other smartphone. Best bang for the buck in my opinion :)

When you renew you get to upgrade your phone, why would you not upgrade to latest model is how I look at it. I would never pay to upgrade out of contract unless I needed a replacement.

3649 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

They really went all the way with the iPhone 5’s interior again. Apple is back on top! The two-coloured backside turned out quite nice as well imo, but I didn’t expect anything less while Jony Ive’s behind the wheel :)

But the main point I’m making here is that it’s kinda sad that the Internet has become a way to unwrap Christmas presents before it’s actually Christmas day, if you get the analogy I’m trying to make here.

Exactly! Apple events have definitely lost a lot of their flair ever since rumors started to be more and more accurate. I’ve resolved to un-bookmarking macrumors and only tuning into the event a few minutes before Tim Cook enters the stage. Granted, I’m often the last to know, but at least I get to feel warm and fuzzy when they announce a 2x faster A6 inside :P

Compare this to where we were when the first iPhone was announced/released, that very first event was quite groundbreaking and therefore more memorable because less was known about the very first iPhone.

An iPod, a phone, an Internet communications device. Are you getting it? These are not three separate devices. This is one device. And we are calling it iPhone.

Absolutely legendary.

4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

4 ” Retina display, 326 PPI is a break point we have never seen that before :P , the iCrap is here… Where the days you just know something new will be out? Fine by me just pay the $600 :P or buy an S3 :P

Same price as the 4S and every other iPhone launch (unless you got ripped and refunded on the original) at $199 on contract. That puts it on par with pretty much every other smartphone. Best bang for the buck in my opinion :)

When you renew you get to upgrade your phone, why would you not upgrade to latest model is how I look at it. I would never pay to upgrade out of contract unless I needed a replacement.
You are forgetting you are living in the promise land, come out to the real world see how much it cost, you are talking on a phone plan ,i don’t do that thing ,been grab with my balls by a phone company isn’t my thing … + i am not much off an iPhone fan :P you know brain washing dictatorship phone policy isn’t my thing :P
104 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
roodper says

I think is time for me to sell my 3gs :) but check out the iPhone 5 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwnfWUTBd8&feature=youtu.be

4264 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Venezuela
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

But the main point I’m making here is that it’s kinda sad that the Internet has become a way to unwrap Christmas presents before it’s actually Christmas day, if you get the analogy I’m trying to make here. Apart from Apple’s benefit of the ‘free’ media coverage for doing these events, why do some people still get excited over Apple events when at least 80% of what is being announced has been rumored or discussed weeks if not months beforehand?

That’s exactly why I hate Apple rumors.

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

Today they also announced the ugliest ipod ever:

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
TylerQuinn says

You are forgetting you are living in the promise land, come out to the real world see how much it cost, you are talking on a phone plan ,i don’t do that thing ,been grab with my balls by a phone company isn’t my thing … + i am not much off an iPhone fan :P you know brain washing dictatorship phone policy isn’t my thing :P

Then you would be paying an out of contact price for any phone not just the iPhone… I don’t think its so much brain washing dictatorship rather than how you choose to spend your money.

And the lesser equipped S3 knock off Samsumg just paid giant loads to Apple for that you mentioned is $699.99 without a contact here in the “promise land.” I am guessing an unlocked iPhone 5 will be the same if not less.

by
by
by
by
by
by