I’ve just learnt about a fantastic feature hidden within my iPhone settings called Keyboard Shortcuts.
Many of you will already be aware of Keyboard Shortcuts, however, I thought I would share a quick how-to for those who haven’t yet discovered this brilliant time saving feature.
Basically, Keyboard Shortcuts allow you to substitute a a quick shortcut (a few letters maybe) for a larger phrase (like a sentence).
I have one set up for my email address as I was getting fed up with constantly having to type it out when logging into my apps and websites online.
When I type ‘mmm’ on my iPhone keyboard, it converts it to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘
It’s really helped speed up logging into apps and I can’t wait to add a few more shortcuts to reduce my time spent filling out repetitive things.
Here’s how you can use Keyboard Shortcuts too:
- Open up your iPhone Settings
- Select ‘General’
- Select ‘Keyboard’
- Scroll down to the bottom and select ‘Add new shortcut’
- Create a shortcut, maybe for your email and click save
Here’s some screenshots of the process:
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.