• Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

“ActiveDen is dead…”

...wait…so you mean…the dead are buying my stuff in afterlife?! :shocked:

Guess another reason why Envato is great, works even after death :bigwink:

Seriously, Flash content may not bring as much as older times (my sales seem normal though, not enough to call primary income but extra cash as always) but to me Flash isn’t dead until Adobe actually says so, and ActiveDen isn’t dead until Envato actually says so.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^Like you i still see item been sold and i keep selling stuff few in a month or so .

Interesting if 3docean are selling more than us ….

Must say if Flash is dead Air and everything else will be dead tooooooooo

107 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

There is this MMORPG i used to play, I still login once a week for in-game event. People kept saying that it was dying for 2-3 years, including me. In-game economy sucked and way worse now. Many players quit over the years. But hey, the game is still running. If it really didn’t earn enough money, the company would have closed it. Indeed, another new MMORPG I tried (in 2010 i think) got closed in a few months. So what is said is irrelevant sometimes. Even Java games for older phones sell some at the moment. There are always new players. In this world where some people die of hunger, I doubt the time when everyone had switched to those fancy Pads is anytime soon.

Anyway, I don’t wanna talk about these Flash death issues and instead just watch to see the actual outcome. But can’t help it since I feel like in reality, things are actually ok however certain parties are doing this “HTML5 is future” crap on purpose to direct attention from Flash and then eventually to those App stores :P No offence to OP here of course, they seem to be succesfully putting many people, even Flash developers in doubt.

4679 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

I think they should rename it to InactiveDen

118 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
komapeb says

I think they should rename it to InactiveDen

Just so you know I laughed… LOL

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
bcro says

I’m removing all of the flash components from my website. Just discovered that the newest version of the Android OS doesn’t support Flash. I’m bummed about this, but what can I do?

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I’m bummed about this, but what can I do?
well…No Flash for Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, users.

Flash will gradually die off on Android, and Adobe has no publicly announced plans to bring Flash to either Windows Phone 8 or from Android 4.1 and up. Adobe has decided that Flash won’t be playing a role on most mobile devices.

for more read….

http://www.pcworld.com/article/260901/android_flash_player_rip_how_to_get_it_now_that_its_gone.html
1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

Responsive design, vector graphics, animations, tweens, rollovers, effects. All that stuff that makes the world wow for HTML5 was available a decade ago with Flash. Say thanks to Zombie Steve.

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Responsive design, vector graphics, animations, tweens, rollovers, effects. All that stuff that makes the world wow for HTML5 was available a decade ago with Flash. Say thanks to Zombie Steve.
I don’t care about Zombie Steve if you look good the world is changing ,right now Google,Microsoft, facebook (base on the stock market report ) all start losing money on web advertise, cos` everyone shifting to mobile and there is really no strong solution on advertise over the mobile platform.

In developing aspect what we lost soul flashers have right now is mobile apps, developing with Air will cut my time in 1/3 vs` other platform today, even if that platform is not yet perfect but for most flasher shifting to mobile is very easy it’s like having sex over and over on your woman (yap that’s so easy) :P . the downside is the curve learning is harder then what we use to .

It’s only a matter of time if you ask (1-2 years) me before you will start to see a down trend on TF market …… only cos developing with JS for mobile you better by a real coder and not open library copy paste developer, the only great website I see today are based on design not coding, very similar to the trend in 1999-2002 .

Man I almost forgot about your existing Emnual :P

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

Man I almost forgot about your existing Emnual :P
Ya, I’m ambushed in the forest. I had to leave the den, sadly.
by
by
by
by
by
by