Hi all, Is any body here using Gimp for his/her designs?I ask this because I use Linux and I want to know is any author here using Linux completely for his/her needs?
i cannot live without adobe, so no linux for me i may be wrong but i don’t see linux machines as potent designer workstations. i must mention that i work with both mac and pc (w7), and at work i have a linux machine and although there are a lot of super software like Komodo for coding, i hate the design software made for linux. for any editing there i use my notebook :DD personal opinion of course.
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Community Moderator
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred more than 2000 users
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
I develop in Linux, and I use a combination of The GIMP and Inkscape for my graphic design needs. For many things this is adequate, but some more advanced techniques are difficult. I tried running Photoshop through Wine but didn’t have much success and the instability made me go back to GIMP .
The only thing I use Windows for is IE testing