43 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
mg-freelancer says

Hello everybody , I’m WordPress Plugin Developer . I do love working as Full Time Freelancer to do creative works , samples and codes . I found Code Canyon is best place for creativity and innovation, so my questions are :

1 – Is Code Canyon worth the hard work ( I want to publish one plugin per month) ?

2 – Does Code Canyon involve new customers to expand my freelancer business ?

3 – Please Give me valuable tips to get started strongly .

Thanks

5485 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

1. why would it be hard work if you develop plugins anyway, and at the rate of 1 per month

2. its a marketplace, so people buy stuff

3. your welcome.

As a wise man once said, its better to have tried and failed, than to never have tried at all.

43 posts
mg-freelancer says

1. why would it be hard work if you develop plugins anyway, and at the rate of 1 per month

I didn’t get this point. Sorry :(

1445 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

It is not hard work to create/develop plugins, BUT, as with anything else you decide to do, it will be hard work to be successful.

Some tips: 1) you will probably get rejected the first time. Take the reviewers comments and use them to make the item better and learn from them. 2) offer plugins that have great value. 3) support is not required, but if you look at all the successful authors here, they offer great support so keep that in mind.

Good luck mate!

189 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+12 more
Crusader12 Envato team says

It’s worth it, but the hard part is making something that people want to use and won’t have any problems understanding how to (especially if you’re catering to the WP audience) – not to mention something that hasn’t been done well already. As far as any advice – documentation and customer support is critical. There are a lot of people that will purchase your plugin that are completely new to anything related to the web, and will ask you many questions. I’ve noticed buyers on CodeCanyon really want to learn the nuts of bolts of what they’ve bought – and it doesn’t hurt to show them. :)

Aside from that CodeCanyon rocks and there are plenty of successful authors here, so yes – it’s definitely worth selling on. Not to mention the community here is amazing.

438 posts here for love
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
nCrafts says

Start with a small plugin to test the waters. My first plugin took 2 days to make. When you’re confident, go big!

90 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
Net-Labs says

Start with a small plugin to test the waters. My first plugin took 2 days to make. When you’re confident, go big!

And from the looks of it you went all out :) nice forms plugin you’ve got there.

53 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
Mammothology says

I know this is the CodeCanyon forums but I’d like to offer a different opinion on the matter. If you’re already creating plugins and selling well, you might not want to come to CodeCanyon.

Why? Well, they take 50% of every sale…

If you’re already making good money you might resent paying that much in commission. Then again, with them just hitting over 3 million members there is a good chance of you making loads more money simply on volume of sales. If your products are high quality then you have a good chance.

Just be aware that competition on here is HIGH so you must have a top quality product, great design, fantastic support and excellent marketing skills to be successful.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

438 posts here for love
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
nCrafts says

And from the looks of it you went all out :) nice forms plugin you’ve got there.

Thanks mate :)

43 posts
mg-freelancer says

I know this is the CodeCanyon forums but I’d like to offer a different opinion on the matter. If you’re already creating plugins and selling well, you might not want to come to CodeCanyon.

Why? Well, they take 50% of every sale…

If you’re already making good money you might resent paying that much in commission. Then again, with them just hitting over 3 million members there is a good chance of you making loads more money simply on volume of sales. If your products are high quality then you have a good chance.

Just be aware that competition on here is HIGH so you must have a top quality product, great design, fantastic support and excellent marketing skills to be successful.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Thanks for your reply, but I have many ways to make money. The One reason that prompts me to come here is CREATIVITY . I know that 50 % is so high but I decided to work and work more to produce a lot of products . On the other hand , Code Canyon doesn’t give me money only but it gives me Good relationships with customers , good reputation . Simply because it is a Market

by
by
by
by
by
by