1000 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

Is editing / changing item title kills all the backlinks? since the item name changes so does the url?

1471 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Nope, you are safe. Title does not matter, number at the end does, which never changes.

Demonstration: http://graphicriver.net/item/hi-mudi-how-are-you/5676058 (notice the text)

1000 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

Nope, you are safe. Title does not matter, number at the end does, which never changes. Demonstration: http://graphicriver.net/item/hi-mudi-how-are-you/5676058 (notice the text)

This is great thanks alot man :)

1364 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
IngeniousArtist says

I was looking for this answer too :grin:
Thank you OriginalEXE :smitten:

189 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Crusader12 Envato team says

Note that it will wipe out all the likes / shares on the item description page.

3520 posts Ruben Bristian
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Note that it will wipe out all the likes / shares on the item description page.

And to continue this … Even if you put back your original item title, the likes & shares will still be wiped :)

1208 posts The Last Man Standing
    Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

And to continue this, if your item has a good ranking in search results for a specific keywords, it may affect it too.

I did it once and after google indexed it with new title, my sales dropped for 2 weeks. Then changed it back to its original title and my sales were back again…

Of course this is for items that has good ranking in google search results :)

Edited: @Ruben: Please give back my forum superstar badge :D

by
by
by
by
by
by