300 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Art101 says

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a big item about two months ago and it is almost done, but I’m afraid to release it now because I think this is the time for Christmas animations..etc

Another thought, till now items on TF is selling well even of high priced items!!

Any advice ?? if not now, then when?

Thank you :)

1161 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
FlashTang says

Now other authors are thinking about this ,after X-mas your item will be submerged ;)
ASAP ,cream rises to the top , for reference only ;)

1718 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

If it is a good item it’ll still live :) Take a look at the snow that was uploaded nearly on christmas day last yer, relatively few people bought it because he was late. Now ppl noticed it again. I think this is similar if you don’t upload a christmas item then it’ll get noticed automatically later when christmas is over. This doesn’t mean you don’t get sales now. That’s true that now your item can shine because people think that it’s the time for xmas file only an upload less regular items :) Just my thoughts.

209 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
tahadaf says

The final decision is yours but here are my thoughts.

You will most probably have a small number of sales if it’s a template and not a thing related to Xmas!!!

I can say that from my recent experience, my last two templates has not received the attention I was hoping for :) but yet, I’ll be uploading two more templates, this week and another one next week! and who knows, maybe more! I am going on according to the plan…

If you really want to see big sales on your awesome file, I’d say wait untill Xmas is over… but don’t forget the fact FlashTang pointed out… after Xmas, your file will be drowned fast!

3749 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
pezflash says

Anyway i think AD should not admit anything related with christmas.

Again here we can talk about the importance of giving more exposure on recent-homepage to complex files. Or maybe not, as it goes nowhere. :(

209 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
tahadaf says

Anyway i think AD should not admit anything related with christmas. Again here we can talk about the importance of giving more exposure on recent-homepage to complex files. Or maybe not, as it goes nowhere. :(

+++1

if only…

715 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
majd_abdul says

Anyway i think AD should not admit anything related with christmas. Again here we can talk about the importance of giving more exposure on recent-homepage to complex files. Or maybe not, as it goes nowhere. :(

Why not? It sells well during this period. Better than any template could.

I remember a couple of years ago Envato (Then Eden) even made a special mini-site for Christmas items.

300 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
Art101 says

If you really want to see big sales on your awesome file, I’d say wait untill Xmas is over… but don’t forget the fact FlashTang pointed out… after Xmas, your file will be drowned fast!

Although I can’t wait to see it there, but I prefer to be safe than sorry, most properly I’ll wait.

Thank you all :)

by
by
by
by
by
by