• United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
Alexlasek says

I have just seen an user who has a porfolio based on circa 150 items uploaded to GR and PD. Is that proceder alowed? IMO it is not good to duplicate items… but maybe I am wrong ;/

cheers

596 posts
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
MikeMoloney says

It probably depends, the user could be uploading stock photos to PD while the GR files include .psd or vector files? Even then I am not sure this is allowed, hopefully staff will answer?

962 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
Alexlasek says

yaeh, all are vectors on GR and jpg files on PD. The thing is, that on GR the regular price for one particular vector item is $2 and on PD a jpg file starts from $3 (x-small size). In my opinion there is no sense to do it, that`s why I am curious if it is allowed.

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

There’s certainly a bit of crossover on the sites, but Mike is correct. PhotoDune is pretty much strictly for stock photography with the occasional manipulated photo/graphic. PSD ’s and vectors are for GraphicRiver.

600 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
UBLThemes says

There’s certainly a bit of crossover on the sites, but Mike is correct. PhotoDune is pretty much strictly for stock photography with the occasional manipulated photo/graphic. PSD ’s and vectors are for GraphicRiver.

So why are prices better on photodune with just a jpeg and on graphicriver you get the source file and get less?

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

So why are prices better on photodune with just a jpeg and on graphicriver you get the source file and get less?

I’m not sure where the $3 for x-small is coming from? My photos have always been $1 for x-small :)

2014 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I’m not a staff member (like KingDog), but I’d like to give my input as well. I remember some time ago (year-and a half, or more…?) there was an article on Envato Notes about “Double dipping”. It basically means that if you create something for one marketplace, which can be altered/adjusted to fit another marketplace, you’re not only allowed to do that, but highly welcomed to do it.

To give you an example: you have a Wordpress theme you built from scratch, including plugins, and you sell it on ThemeForest. You can separate your plugins and sell them on CodeCanyon as well. Another example is what you asked: if you already have an item on GraphicRiver (PSD or vector), you can export your work as plain JPG image(s) and upload them on PhotoDune… Why would you do that? Well, somebody might need just an image to post it quickly in his blog post and he can get it for $1. Or he/she doesn’t have PhotoShop or Illustrator or Corel Draw, or even the skills to open/edit your source file from Graphic River.

KingDog, please correct me if I’m wrong :)

962 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
Alexlasek says

I’m not sure where the $3 for x-small is coming from? My photos have always been $1 for x-small :)

Oh yeah, that was my mistake. Of course x-small costs $1 ;/

962 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
Alexlasek says

I’m not a staff member (like KingDog), but I’d like to give my input as well. I remember some time ago (year-and a half, or more…?) there was an article on Envato Notes about “Double dipping”. It basically means that if you create something for one marketplace, which can be altered/adjusted to fit another marketplace, you’re not only allowed to do that, but highly welcomed to do it.

To give you an example: you have a Wordpress theme you built from scratch, including plugins, and you sell it on ThemeForest. You can separate your plugins and sell them on CodeCanyon as well. Another example is what you asked: if you already have an item on GraphicRiver (PSD or vector), you can export your work as plain JPG image(s) and upload them on PhotoDune… Why would you do that? Well, somebody might need just an image to post it quickly in his blog post and he can get it for $1. Or he/she doesn’t have PhotoShop or Illustrator or Corel Draw, or even the skills to open/edit your source file from Graphic River.

KingDog, please correct me if I’m wrong :)

that does make sense now. thanks for replay :)

2821 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

there was an article on Envato Notes about “Double dipping”.

good article

http://notes.envato.com/general/make-more-money-by-double-dippin/
by
by
by
by
by
by