215 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Envato Pack
  • Author Level 5
  • Freebie
+4 more
EasyDevelopment
says

I received a comment 1 hour ago on one of my products and I haven’t received am email notification about it, is it just me or a global error ?

8176 posts
  • Author Level 6
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Community Superstar
+8 more
doru
says

you need to enable the mail messages for new comments on your items. You can do it from your dashboard -> My settings -> Edit mail settings tab

215 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Envato Pack
  • Author Level 5
  • Freebie
+4 more
EasyDevelopment
says

you need to enable the mail messages for new comments on your items. You can do it from your dashboard -> My settings -> Edit mail settings tab

They’re all checked, not even a notification about your reply was sent, and I’ve tested my email like 10 times and it works properly.

2782 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Feedback Guru
  • Winner
  • Meetup Participant
+23 more
contrastblack
Envato team
says

Hey there,

Could you please be so kind as to open a ticket with us via http://support.envato.com and provide the ticket id so that I can look into it for you?

Thanks!

215 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Envato Pack
  • Author Level 5
  • Freebie
+4 more
EasyDevelopment
says

Hey there,

Could you please be so kind as to open a ticket with us via http://support.envato.com and provide the ticket id so that I can look into it for you?

Thanks!

Hello :)

Ticket ID #UWD-470-10686

Thank you

2782 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Feedback Guru
  • Winner
  • Meetup Participant
+23 more
contrastblack
Envato team
says

No problem, I’ve forwarded your ticket to support, they should be in touch shortly. Thank you for your speedy cooperation and patience! :)

Kind regards.

215 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Envato Pack
  • Author Level 5
  • Freebie
+4 more
EasyDevelopment
says

No problem, I’ve forwarded your ticket to support, they should be in touch shortly. Thank you for your speedy cooperation and patience! :) Kind regards.

Thanks :). Fun Fact, I didn’t receive an email notification about the ticket, I hope I’ll get a response :).

490 posts
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 3
  • Trendsetter
  • 2 Years of Membership
+1 more
themeflame
says

Hey – this actually happens to us aswell, but very rarely.

If you’re using gmail, it’s really quite tricky, sometimes it lands in the SPAM folder, which is not in the links that lay on the left side of the page, sometimes it doesn’t even come for an amount of time.

So, no, you’re not alone. :)

All the best, themeflame

215 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Envato Pack
  • Author Level 5
  • Freebie
+4 more
EasyDevelopment
says

Hey – this actually happens to us aswell, but very rarely.

If you’re using gmail, it’s really quite tricky, sometimes it lands in the SPAM folder, which is not in the links that lay on the left side of the page, sometimes it doesn’t even come for an amount of time.

So, no, you’re not alone. :)

All the best, themeflame

Well, it’s not gmail :).But thanks for the heads up

355 posts
  • Industrious API Inventor
  • Author Level 6
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Featured Author
+5 more
GDragoN
says

I have noticed this too, and some notifications about comments I never received via email (most are OK), and it was not sent to spam.

by
by
by
by
by
by