118 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
cippo says

Hi guys, while looking over the web and over some ThemeForest themes, a thought has crossed my mind: the content matters more than graphics when it comes to web design.

Is this just a thought of mine or it is a trend?

Cheers!

497 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

Hi,

not really “when it comes to web design” but definitely when it comes to selling themes on themeforest. It’s about a combination of great design and fantastic images – beautiful people, crisp and balanced colors that match the scheme of the theme; fun or intelligent placeholder text won’t hurt either. I think this got more and more important over the years indeed.
It for sure is a pita for designers and developers likewise, unless they are also confident in content management – usually it’s more of a hassle nobody wants to do really as far as I experienced.

Cheers

65 posts
2ad says

Just like with everything else. If you want to sell something you need to present it as beautifully as You can. Statistical client does not know that the images are not attached to the purchased site and thought that buying such a product, which is in the picture. Simple, even primitive, marketing :)

17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
VicTheme says

Hi guys, while looking over the web and over some ThemeForest themes, a thought has crossed my mind: the content matters more than graphics when it comes to web design.

Is this just a thought of mine or it is a trend?

Cheers!
Yes it is insane. furthermore Beauty beats coding quality and feature Nuts.

You can built a super functional theme with tons of features and in the end of the day the sales will be beaten by simple primitive spagetthi coded theme with “beautiful design”

1708 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Content is the The Queen, The King, The Prince and the Princess.
Content is everything and a good design is the one that forces its users to showcase their content in an elegant, useful and consistent way.

by
by
by
by
by
by