2 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
ADARCHY says

Seems like the overall quality of themes being approved by TF recently has dropped way way down. While I am sure there have been some great themes mixed in, it just feels like I am seeing a lot more themes that lack originality and especially the “fit and finish” that I’ve come to expect from the perennial heavy weight authors out here.

So I guess my question is: Is this a summer thing? Has Envato relaxed on quality with the summer lows?

Just seems like every other theme I demo is full bugs, lazy css, and generic layouts that are most certainly “borrowed” from some of TF’s top authors, who typically do some incredible things with WP.

I could be crazy, but I think it’s worth discussing. I look forward to your thoughts.

P.S. If you disagree, please say it nicely. I am optimistic that we can transcend childish forum fighting.

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Pentoy says

Well, I wouldn’t say that… I’m actually seeing a big difference with the themes being approved one or two years ago. There are, however, some exceptions that lack creativity, originality and all that stuff.. but TF has been seriously improved over the last years.

I don’t have any personal experience with TF but I’ve been browsing it for some time now.

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
Pentoy says

Sorry for the second post, I somehow pressed the “Post a Reply” button twice.

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

I do see some themes and just wonder how they got accepted when there are users on this forum getting feedback for their incredible looking themes.

123 posts
mazoor says

Feel free to join one of the many discussions already open: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/how-really-are-the-standards/68208

by
by
by
by
by
by