23 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
yourkishore says

I am building a html5 player with ID3 tags from php script and getting them through ajax request, the problem is i cannot get ID3 information for ogg files so i really dont like supporting ogg files in the player so, is it a good option ?

i see other developers need both ogg and mp3 files as mp3 files are used for album art and all.

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Depends on your target audience. The latest versions of Firefox support mp3 now, but I think it’s only on Linux and Windows at the moment. So not bad for the real world, but from my experience a lot of customers here use Macs. But one solution is to use Flash as a backup source. I have a “Direct Firefox to use Flash” as an option in my player and lots of customers use it to avoid having to create ogg files for every song.

23 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
yourkishore says

Depends on your target audience. The latest versions of Firefox support mp3 now, but I think it’s only on Linux and Windows at the moment. So not bad for the real world, but from my experience a lot of customers here use Macs. But one solution is to use Flash as a backup source. I have a “Direct Firefox to use Flash” as an option in my player and lots of customers use it to avoid having to create ogg files for every song.

Thanks for the reply, what you said make sense. But i will stick with both ogg and mp3 format because what i know about flash is just its spelling :)

Thanks again i am like one left in desert, but with your reply i am gonna move in some direction.

by
by
by
by
by
by