92 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
e8j1osla says

My last thread was about a shortcode framework i was looking for, few days back i found a useful plugin created by one of the popular authors here on tf, orman clark’s shortcode plugin( which is released for free on his website ) i modified his plugin and added my own set of short codes, now my question is has anyone did this? is it ok to release a theme with his plugin attached in the package? i did not remove his name on the plugin everything remained intact except i added my set of shortcodes.

326 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
-bianca- says

I am sure Orman Clark has a license attached to the plugin saying what you can and cannot do with it. So look for the license that came with the download….

And if there isn’t any you have to ask their permission….always. This goes for plugins on this marketplace as well (on extented license)

92 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
e8j1osla says

Well i cant find any license, inside the plugin folder your right maybe i should ask his permission. but does tf allow this if he give me permission?

556 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

As far as I know, a lot of theme authors use this plugin in their themes. Just don’t integrate it to the theme.

All the best,
Kris

by
by
by
by
by
by