• Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Is this design really so bad that i’ve been hard rejected without any kind of improvement possibility?

Link: http://themes.rubenbristian.com/wind/index.html

Reviewer:

1. We already have a number of submissions with the same overall design and concept and we have to draw the line somewhere.

I think we’re reached a point of saturation. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design: for another one to be approved it would have to have a couple of unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality.

2. Minimal templates can be clean and simple when you manage to handle the white space and details to provide a simple but yet unique template. But if you can’t, it will look like an incomplete template – blank template.

In this case, the submitted template is more like a ‘framework’ than a full fledged design. If you’re going with minimalism, you need to make sure all the little details check out.

21 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
ReaxionGraphics says

I guess I haven’t seen all templates because it seems pretty cool to me! But I suppose the reviewers know what they have!

I think being like other designs might have put a sour taste in their mouths and it may have slanted the review. I agree, rack your brain on innovating the heck out of some of it, but I also think improving some of your dummy content (filling it out a bit more) might give you more of an edge the next time around.

Hopefully someone with more Themeforest experience will comment!

470 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Israel
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
virtuti says

Hello Ruben, to my opinion it is not bad but it is exceptionally good. Try to talk to TF staff, hope they will revise the theme and accept it.

The only thing to fix is in the navigation, in drop down, in Pricing Table link a word “Table” moved down, I guess there is no enough room for two words in one row.

I wish you good luck, believe me, if I needed to buy a template, I would buy this yours one without any doubt.

607 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Blog Editor
  • Forum Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+9 more
Siddharth Reviewer says

Hey Ruben!

As virtuti said, it’s not really something I’d categorize as ‘bad’. It’s just that us reviewers have been really jaded with the proverbial torrent of ‘minimal’ designs on TF here. To give you an idea, probably, every other submission is minimal or inspired from that idealogy.

If you could open up a ticket, I can give you some specific feedback so we can get this approved on the marketplaces quickly!

107 posts Too Much is Never Enough
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
premitheme says

My opinion, you need to care about:

1. Fonts – choose unique font (maybe @font-face) fo headings and menu links.

2. headings font size – headings are not obvious now.

3. Use some icons somewhere to add artistic touch and some details.

4. Maybe use some kind of light background texture/pattern.

5. Logo isn’t clear, maybe remove the masked image.

6. Use light borders & shadows a little bit to add details and artistic touch.

These point can improve the minimalist style of your theme, and maybe there will be a way to be accepted then.

BR

1673 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

RO: Salut. Tema arata bine, doar ca are nevoie de mai mult contrast si ceva mai putina culoare. Eu nu’s expertu lu peste, dar am mai multa experienta in citirea review-urilor pt ca am fost respins la prima tema vreo 4 luni, cel putin 6 incercari.

Insa am invatat ceva: cei care fac review aici sunt niste muraturi ieftine de prin orientul mijlociu si se dau pe val cu nume de community manager, dupa ce au vandut si ei trei surcele…

Apoi ca sa le faci pe plac, lucrarea ta trebuie sa exprime contrast prin spatiere marime, tonalitate. Fundalul ala arata murdar, incearca mai bine un grunge simple pixelat (noise).

Cat despre minimal.. din cate vad eu tema nu se incadreaza in minimal ci mai degraba in capitolul prea futere dar degeaba. Ca si cum ai un slider super tare dar imaginile sunt varza. Deci sliderul e varza. La fel si cu tema.

PS: Astept si eu feedback

EN: The theme is good almost perfect, reviewer is bad… sorry lazy :P

Numai respect.
D

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
SyncThemes says
1. We already have a number of submissions with the same overall design and concept and we have to draw the line somewhere.

I think we’re reached a point of saturation. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design: for another one to be approved it would have to have a couple of unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality.

We got the same exact response to our theme. Must be a pretty common generic response these days.

15 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Luke86 says

I like the design, not seen many like it.

I would recommend slapping a massive nivo slider on the homepage, your sure to get accepted then!

607 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Blog Editor
  • Forum Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+9 more
Siddharth Reviewer says
dnp_theme said