205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
TJMusic says

I’m preparing to promote my tracks, and for this purpose I’m going to build some pages on my old website, where I’ll list all my tracks, dividing them into categories. I’m considering a Google Adsense campaign to these pages, to draw a traffic for keywords related to royalty-free tracks.

As my portfolio is still small, and there are many better tracks in Audiojungle in the categories I’m aiming at, it would be reasonable for me to add some best AJ tracks on my own pages, to increase the chance of registration and sales of people that land on my page. The earnings from referrals to other authors’ tracks may be a good addition to earnings from my own tracks, and also it may increase the quality of my ‘catalogue’ linking to royalty free resources.

In general, the authors of the tracks I’m going to link should find it beneficial. But I have some doubt, because linking to someone else’s work means using their item titles on my own page. Is it absolutely right to do that, or do you think it’s a kind of copyright violation?

346 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Ane_Novak says
TJMusic said
I’m preparing to promote my tracks, and for this purpose I’m going to build some pages on my old website, where I’ll list all my tracks, dividing them into categories. I’m considering a Google Adsense campaign to these pages, to draw a traffic for keywords related to royalty-free tracks.

As my portfolio is still small, and there are many better tracks in Audiojungle in the categories I’m aiming at, it would be reasonable for me to add some best AJ tracks on my own pages, to increase the chance of registration and sales of people that land on my page. The earnings from referrals to other authors’ tracks may be a good addition to earnings from my own tracks, and also it may increase the quality of my ‘catalogue’ linking to royalty free resources.

In general, the authors of the tracks I’m going to link should find it beneficial. But I have some doubt, because linking to someone else’s work means using their item titles on my own page. Is it absolutely right to do that, or do you think it’s a kind of copyright violation?
Your referral link can be on any author. The purpose of links – advertising AJ.
2130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

You can link to whichever page inside Envato you want – after all, you bring new customers, so everybody benefits: you, other author(s), Envato ;)

While we’re at it – pick me! Pick me! :D

386 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
DamianN says

You’re allowed to do so, but it isn’t fair IMO . Nobody cares anyway… Just do what you like
Pozdro

291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rtofvnt says

Tadeusz,

Being brutally honest with you – please work on your website first – yours is like time machine takes us back in 1995 :-) Because of the background image you are using we can’t read anything there. Another brutal true – it doesn’t work. I’ve got a site with 50 unique visitors per day, youtube channel, twitter etc. – the most I had 18 click through – 0 deposits. Bit of advice for you – try to learn to use your Intel machine as a main tool – not just for recording. Buy some DAW software and go mad with this – really – your compositions are really nice, but the instruments.

Keep up good work!

Pozdro

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
ThomasVoMusic says
TJMusic said

I just believe that the referral thing is simply a referral to AudioJungle and a method of allowing you to earn some money for spreading the name of AudioJungle. Thus, I do not think it is a wrong thing to do. It may be wrong morally, but you have to consider that this is a marketplace—you’re a competitor, I’m a competitor, and everybody else is a competitor. Sometimes playing too fairly isn’t always beneficial ;)

273 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
soundroll says
TJMusic said

You can add links to any of my tracks with your refferal id, I don’t have a problem with that.
1123 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
SonicCube says

Hello

I also have some referral links out there, and they generate approx. 1000-1500 klicks in a month. Earnings from purchases and deposits are around $50 a month. Sure, this is not much, but i use only links to my own items, and having this little extra cash is nice :)

So, i think if you dont waste to much time on this, and getting some cashback, you should go for it. Using others work for referrals is also fine and allowed :)

Good luck.

205 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
TJMusic says

Thanks for the valuable advices :) Even if I understand the business part of the question (helping the competitors), still some people find some doubts in the idea. But definitely I don’t see anything wrong if the author explicitly allowed it, and Soundroll’s portfolio is obviously one of the best here :)

I agree that my website stayed back in 1995, because I didn’t bother with it much since about 1997 :) Only now, with the need of promotion of my AJ portfolio, I started to think about rebuilding it – usually I was too busy with my day job. Definitely it needs to be changed dramatically :) The music available there is my very old production using older instruments I had about 10 years ago, all my new compositions were made for AJ.

Still, I believe that the key to promote the website is the content that atracts people, so I need to include a lot of usefull stuff, not only the items I intend to advertise.

294 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
+2 more
soundengine says

Referrals actually work. But, on audiojungle, when you refer someone they usually pay that extra $2 instead of becoming a member since the prices are cheap and there’s no need for further support. So, if you refer people to someone else’s work, your chance of getting a referral cut is really low.

However, If you refer people to themeforest, for example, they might be interested in becoming a member because they need support for the files they purchased most of the time.

by
by
by
by
by
by