14 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bulgaria
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
chrisdean says

Hi guys, I decided to move on to AS3 and thought that CS4 and the new 3D capabilities of FP10 is the best option to work with. I did a lot of tests and then started to program my 3D enabled item. I like my item, but it was more than 10 hours on first position in recent items and for 2 days now it got 0 sales. So I started to think that this is not the time to post such items and I must not spend time on future FP10 3D projects. What do you think?

370 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • New Zealand
Polarathene says

I saw your gallery, its a nice one. But being a marketplace, you have two main customers, those that work with the file as is with xml and those that like to incorporate it into their own projects/flash sites.

You’ll notice that there are still alot of customers with flash 8 or lower. With time they’ll upgrade, from memory though CS4 has’nt had much love as a release, bunch of complaints and such. The 3D features are just not mainstream enough to reach enough customers. AS3 is also only recently been picking up in pace as a bunch of the customers take the dive out of their comfy as2 environement.

Then theres FP10 plugin, not sure how many common webusers have upgraded from FP9 .

Your sure to get some sales with time, just keep on developing awesome files and building up a rep on FD here, more people will look at your portfolio and that can lead to more sales :D

This is all just my view on it, I have’nt even got anything for sale so you could probably get better feedback from the more experienced authors here.

14 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bulgaria
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
chrisdean says

thanks. my thoughts too. i will try then to build complete products that need only XML changes. it is true that the 3D performance of FP10 caught my attention and i moved to CS4 . but it is not necessary that all people will like it. i must stop thinking that what i like is what everybody likes.

370 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • New Zealand
Polarathene says

I’m sure alot will like fp10 features, its just a matter of time, your a little early for cs4 stock I think. Nothing wrong with that though, keep at it and you could be a top author in that area :] deffinately a good reputation to have as cs4/fp10 files become more common and in demand.

Work on that 3d template you had in mind, you’d most likely get better sales with a full solution :] At least it seems full flash sites attract alot more attention, would think that would eliminate most issues for quite a few buyers if they like your template, some that want changes can have you do some freelance.

26 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
ravimarella says

i think it’s more of IDE problem and less of plugin problem…flash player 10 already has a high market share:

http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html

i think only those people who are buying FLASH IDE for the first time will go for CS4 and most with CS3 won’t upgrade to CS4 because of it’s price and features which are essentially only inclusion of different OS libraries.

by
by
by
by
by
by