1449 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

I stand by the fact that as Apple gains more market share, hackers will be targeting and they will be just as vulnerable, if not more than Microsoft. Except Microsoft has had many more years of experience fighting them so I am going to stick with my Windows 7 machine for a couple more years :)

639 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says

Hackintosh all the way here. Got tired of my Mac Pro taking a shit on me and taking to the apple store is like pulling teeth, no techs on staff, always sending it somewhere else for weeks at a time, get the machine back and problem still occurs. so I built my own Hackintosh and haven’t had a single problem, also love being able to boot into Abuntu and windows 8.

Pretty cool mate, I got Ubuntu, Windows 7… Sadly, mine is an AMD .. Not possible, or should I say, too hard for the moment, so I’ll just get a Mac later this month.

973 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

love being able to boot into Abuntu and windows 8.

Do you mean Ubuntu, thats a good OS.

5112 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

For me, it’s all about the OS.

At the end of the day, Macs and PCs are built of the same bits and do just about the same thing at approximately the same speed. Apple only make high spec machines, which is why they’re always expensive, but they’re also extra expensive, because component for component, they’re dearer than most PCs too. You pay for the design, I guess.

I’ve used and owned both in my career. I’ve been 100% with Mac for nearly a decade though. The reason? The OS. I find it simple, satisfying and unobtrusive. Windows, I generally find fussy and ugly.

As a designer, and visual/creative person I simply don’t want to work on a fussy, ugly operating system. I fear it might rub off on me. And considering the percentage of my life I spend at the computer, I’m more than happy to shell out a couple of extra grand every 4 years to use the computer that I want to.

97 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
2winFactor says

I’ve used both, and they are very much the same with some minor differences. I would say Apple makes higher quality hardware than most PC manufacturers, but you pay a premium for it. Both OS’s have their strong points, but my biggest gripe with Mac OS is the lack of Window Managment (I use aero peek and snap more than any other features on my pc).

973 posts
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

For me, it’s all about the OS.

At the end of the day, Macs and PCs are built of the same bits and do just about the same thing at approximately the same speed. Apple only make high spec machines, which is why they’re always expensive, but they’re also extra expensive, because component for component, they’re dearer than most PCs too. You pay for the design, I guess.

I’ve used and owned both in my career. I’ve been 100% with Mac for nearly a decade though. The reason? The OS. I find it simple, satisfying and unobtrusive. Windows, I generally find fussy and ugly.

As a designer, and visual/creative person I simply don’t want to work on a fussy, ugly operating system. I fear it might rub off on me. And considering the percentage of my life I spend at the computer, I’m more than happy to shell out a couple of extra grand every 4 years to use the computer that I want to.

Nicely said.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Hello people,

My question is: Is it worth it?

I’ll tell you what more practical Nikos , just buy one of those custom motorcycle, i know that they are not that expansive in the Greek land, then you will be a cool bro` :P
1265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
Pricop says

Offtopic: Guys, why do you keep saying “Mac” and “PC”, because Mac’s are infact PC’s.

OnTopic: If you want a decent laptop at a very decent price, I recommend you Asus K53SV with GT540M 2GB , 8GB of RAM 1333MHz, and an i7 2nd gen, Apple computers are expensive and the price isn’t justified, not to mention that if you haven’t used Mac OS X before it might be hard to accommodate.

103 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
sheko_elanteko says

For me, if I’m gonna pay that kind of money, I must be able to play video games on it as well, I don’t think mac can do that (at least to my knowledge).

But I gotta say, everyone vouches for apple’s hardware, so get a mac and install windows on it, and you get the best of both worlds :)

973 posts
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

For me, if I’m gonna pay that kind of money, I must be able to play video games on it as well, I don’t think mac can do that (at least to my knowledge).
But I gotta say, everyone vouches for apple’s hardware, so get a mac and install windows on it, and you get the best of both worlds :)

What games do you like? there are lots of games for mac here.. http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac

by
by
by
by
by
by