• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

... but it worth every penny. there is no similar hardware in windows world (you will not believe this statement until you try it yourself).

I agree with this, from hardware point of view it is very difficult to find a mac equivalent in terms of consistency and ease. Many people call it as glassy, shiny gimmick but actually Apple makes non-decorative and simple design which is even difficult to make without proper technology. Just my opinion, iMac + Win 7 is the best combo I ever seen.

409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
joesacco says

If you are going to use the internet use a mac cause i don’t think pc even has tabbed browsing yet or do they?!

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

Side note, I’m actually a bit scared of this: http://www.androidpit.com/google-vs-apple-android

Looks like Google’s starting to step their game up. Anyone else getting a Nexus 7 ad on Google.com today?

475 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Germany
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
GraficAndMedia says

Side note, I’m actually a bit scared of this: http://www.androidpit.com/google-vs-apple-android
Looks like Google’s starting to step their game up. Anyone else getting a Nexus 7 ad on Google.com today?

Me not, but I found this article. http://9to5google.com/2012/08/28/google-does-rare-nexus-7-ad-on-its-google-com-homepage/

1475 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

It’s funny watching people trying to justify why their custom built machine is better than anything else when in the end, all it does is run Windows which is the real problem. You can put a V12 engine in your car but you’re never taking it out of first gear with the POS that is Windows.

To OP, just go find a store with Macs, try them out and stop asking people on the internet. The opinions of people that have never tried or can even afford a certain product is extremely limited. It’s like asking someone who had only eaten Snickers what their favorite candy bar is.

1091 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
lifwanian says

Whoa.. Looks like Google is really stepping their game up and getting aggressive.. With the new 7” iPad mini coming out in October, I can see them doing this though. I mean, it’s not like many people go to google.com or anything ;)

1091 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
lifwanian says

It’s funny watching people trying to justify why their custom built machine is better than anything else when in the end, all it does is run Windows which is the real problem. You can put a V12 engine in your car but you’re never taking it out of first gear with the POS that is Windows.

I wouldn’t say Windows is POS … The problem is that you can do a lot more with Windows OS than with Mac OS, and as a result you get two things. 1, too many unnecessary things are going on, cluttering things up. And 2, people don’t know how to fully protect their OS, and open it up to vulnerable attacks.

The reason Macs are “easier”, “prettier”, “faster”, etc…, is because it gives you the essentials and keeps the unneeded crap out. Windows 8 is finally going towards this direction, but Microsoft is still run by the same old people that don’t like change, so when it comes to innovation, they don’t really move forward as quick.

Also, the beauty of Mac OS is that it’s built by the same company that builds their computers. In other words, a ferrari building it’s own engine along with the car, instead of putting in an engine from some other manufacturer.

OP, just buy it. You’re already too curious where if you won’t it’ll just bug you. If you don’t like it, sell it or return it. They have great resale values and will always find a buyer.

972 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Lets not do this Mac vs PC thing and go for a Chromebook. :D

110 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
AGSoft says

Macs aren’t that good imo. They’re overpriced, and typically very weak compared to custom built PCs but, you’re right. The smartest thing Apple has ever done was not allow OS X to be installed on non Apple branded PCs.

Although, it is actually possible to run OS X on a non Apple branded PC(ie. A Mac) but it isn’t at all legal so I won’t link to anything.

220 posts
  • France
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
corsonr says

Personally, I’m not a creative I’m a developer, but I switched my main computer from PC to Mac a few years ago. I honestly believe the switch has made me more efficient in my workflow.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by