14 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Czech Republic
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
Balron says

Hi,

do you think it is still possible to make good sales with wordpress themes as a ‘newcomer’ here? I have experience with both.. html/css and php (been doing webdesign for few years). I was always lazy to start with wordpress themes. But two months ago I quit freelancing and found classic fulltime job as software developer.

I don’t like my current job that much (because I work with SharePoint which I am starting to hate more and more). I am thinking about quitting and starting with wp themes, but I am afraid, that it’s too late now, because market is so crowded and looks really ‘full’ to me.

On the other side (and that’s what force me to wp themes) there are guys that produce still almost the same themes (just different names and sliders) and they are getting huge amount of sales :)

367 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Denmark
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
UI20 says

If you work hard and dedicate your time to it and play to win then why not. There is a huge demand for themes and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down.

1734 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
VisualSharing says

If your are good enough, you will make tons of sales no matter if you are a newbie.

There are many authors who made it to the top with just one or two themes. You just need to know what you are doing and provide the best quality.

367 posts
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
UI20 says

My guess is it is a long road to make this into a sustainable replacement for say a fulltime job but the satisfaction of seeing your work being commented, rated, sold. Money going into your account everyday. Seeing your theme out there on the web is ultimately so much more satisfying and if you do well I am sure you will be drowning in requests for custom made themes etc.

I think anyone with some good solid skills can do well in this marketplace but it is not for the lazybums so better work on that vice if you still have it.

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

New Wordpress themes go up every week that rack in a bunch of sales… not that it’s easy or quick to post a Wordpress theme, but it’s definitely worth it I think :-)

14 posts
  • Czech Republic
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
Balron says

Thanks for replies, I’ll definitely think about it.

95 posts
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
bringthepixel says

It’s not worth it! Definitely! Go away ;)

130 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
lukk says

I’m amazed at how many “newbies” make killer sales off their first themes, especially WordPress ones… if you have a good design, with good function and a great documentation you’ll make amazing sales regardless of if it’s your first theme or your 34th..clients look for quality not quantity…

..mate.

367 posts
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
UI20 says
I’m amazed at how many “newbies” make killer sales off their first themes, especially WordPress ones… if you have a good design, with good function and a great documentation you’ll make amazing sales regardless of if it’s your first theme or your 34th..clients look for quality not quantity… ..mate.

Nice observastion.. mate.. That was motivating.

366 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • New Zealand
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
PixelStores says

What is wordpress?

by
by