• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
JonBuice says

So i’ve been SUPER busy with work and other music projects and, subsequently, have not been able to devote much, errr any time to AJ in a little while. But I didn’t expect my account to just die! I’m talkin no sales and minimal activity since mid Feb! I’m not complaining really, just more confused. I didn’t think that forum activity played such a huge role, if that is what’s responsible in the first place.

Hopefully just a rut!

685 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
delgibbons says

I have had a few in March….feels like hard work though I’ll admit that….been writing like mad too!!!

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts
Threads Started
456 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Reviewer says

I don’t think forum activity has any influence, or some of us would have made it to the top authors list in a hurry! :D
Rather, I feel like the market is being a little saturated, and with more and more submissions everyday, it is going to be harder and harder to make your mark.
So if you don’t upload at all, don’t expect any results.
But again, it’s just a feeling… it is hard to measure. What we do know is that the number of files keeps growing rapidly. What we don’t know is if whether the customer base is growing as well or not. We can only make assumptions…

1449 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
gballx says

I have been wondering if forum activity affects sales as March I have only seen 7 sales – I was hoping for more but ho-hum got to keep going!

625 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PaBlikMM says

Same for me guys …. well i´m a newbie here so i did not expect any great success in my first month :)

In my opinion most of the sales goes to the elite authors music – they have a great stuff here and many sales – and as we know sales make sales :)

But i wont give up at all! :)

Keep on rocking and create some great music!

CHA!

500 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
JonBuice says

I don’t think forum activity has any influence, or some of us would have made it to the top authors list in a hurry! :D
Rather, I feel like the market is being a little saturated, and with more and more submissions everyday, it is going to be harder and harder to make your mark.
So if you don’t upload at all, don’t expect any results.
But again, it’s just a feeling… it is hard to measure. What we do know is that the number of files keeps growing rapidly. What we don’t know is if whether the customer base is growing as well or not. We can only make assumptions…

Yeah I think you’re right on with the saturation theory. I thats becoming the biggest problem on AJ. Honestly the last few times i’ve listened through the font page, there have been a lot of items where I thought “gees, this passed the review team?”. Not that my stuff is uber amazing or anything, but i’ve noticed a HUGE quality scale for AJ items. But anyway, yeah I’m sure if I an find time for AJ, this all would pick back up. Sigh, until then though..

563 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Sophonic says

March is going fine for me, but it really helps having a few videohive guys using my songs in their items.

At this point you better come with quality over quantity. Take a month if you have to, to make the perfect song because if your just rushing songs out to spike up some initial activity you might get a few sales but it quickly fades away into the jungle lost forever along with the time spent.

I also can’t believe what gets by the review team(sometimes), sometimes I hear stuff that sounds like the whole track was made on a 1983 casio keyboard.

1449 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
gballx says

Sophonic and JonBuice do you think that the problem could be just mixing technique that possibly affects the quality? The ideas are good but not realised because of the mix and that we must consider the end user setup.

Fit for purpose!

500 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
JonBuice says

Sophonic and JonBuice do you think that the problem could be just mixing technique that possibly affects the quality? The ideas are good but not realised because of the mix and that we must consider the end user setup. Fit for purpose!

I mean, most of the problems are with the mix. I know a lot of artists are mixing on Rokit series monitors, which I used to have but switch because they just dont translate mixes well. It’s funny though because now I can tell the difference. Theres also a portion of artist that complain and “don’t understand” the review teams rejection. This is often due to poor arrangements. A lot of item just…don’t make sense musically.

Maybe the review team should have a set of rating standards and just rate item as they are reviewed? I realize people would be outraged however, but that could be a case for “tough titties” so to speak.

1449 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
gballx says

+1 :)

by
by
by