277 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
girlscancode says

Hi guys!

I’ve been wanting to create themeforest templates for a few months, always starting something but dumping it because it is not good enough! I mean I have no problem with coding a finished design (I am very good at it), but about the design aspect – I really began working on improving my design skills 6 months ago (you don’t want to see designs made by me a year ago!).

So, before I start yet another template and dumping it because I can’t get it good enough, please tell me what do you think about these latest designs created by me. These are templates made especially for some clients, of course I couldn’t sell them again, but in terms of my design style, am I “there” yet?

1 2 3 4 5

For the last one I actually bought a psd template here made by a wonderful author, because I couldn’t get that grunge style right – but obviously I modified it to suit the clients needs and I love that header so much I had to put it here :)

Thanks in advance for your time!!! Gabi

374 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rohan says

I don’t think you’re quite yet there, but you’re close, a little work and you should be ‘there’ :-)

I’ve seen a lot of designers over here grow with each template they produce. Even some of the top sellers would get a few rejections when they started off – and as you continue to design, your style improves.

28 posts
  • Located in Belgium
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
creativepunch says

The first one you posted: I love it personally, if i were a reviewer i might consider accepting it. 4/5

The second one: It’s good but a bit too busy in my opinion 3.5/5

The third: All kinds of stuff lack about this template. I can’t quite put my finger on it though but it’s not that pleasing 2/5

The fourth: Close, but not quite there yet. Header needs a lot of work 3/5

The fifth: I like it, except for the whole bottom part (what comes under your latest journal entry + mailing list) 3/5

I hope i could help.

738 posts
  • Located in United States
Jar says

My favorites are 1 and 5. I think with minor changes (removing that odd distortion on the light blue top content area for #1 for example, and accenting the rays, etc) that would have made it through. Another thing you should try is different typography.

277 posts
+3 more
girlscancode says

Thank you very very much for your answers! It really helps hearing all these opinions! I was getting tired of opinions from family and people who know me and I was really feeling a need for a kick in the butt! :)

I will be back with a new review request of this kind after I feel I improved a bit more :)

738 posts
Jar says

I’m in your shoes as well right now; just trying to get better so I can be a part of the author community on Themeforest. =)

Good luck

277 posts
+3 more
girlscancode says

Good luck to you too, Jar! And post some of your designs on the forums so we can see them! It’s really worth the effort!

420 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
gljivec says

I like 1 and 5 the most also:). Here is the theme I’m working on:

http://flash-banner-rotator.com/wp/

I would just like to hear some general opinion, which parts you think are ok and which aren’t.

Thanks.

951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+3 more
Daan says

Before more topic-hijacking occurs; Marketplace member Simnor has created an awesome platform to get your design reviewed.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
I like 1 and 5 the most also:). Here is the theme I’m working on:

http://flash-banner-rotator.com/wp/

I would just like to hear some general opinion, which parts you think are ok and which aren’t.

Thanks.

Please start your own thread if you’d like feedback on your item so we can stay on topic, thanks :)

by
by
by
by
by
by