80 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
Mode54 says

I just submitted a new version of my latest app about two weeks after my initial submission. Between bug fixes, suggestions from members and my own plans and ideas, I think I’ll have new versions every two weeks or so. Is that a good thing? Do you release a new version of your product often?

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

If your productivity allowes you to constantly make new and quality files on often basis, I dont see why not.

Otherwise if you just have a few files to release, maybe its better to space them out somewhat.

342 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
+4 more
RikdeVos says

I don’t think so, because most buyers never update. I try to keep the updates to a minimum and make sure I fix all the known bugs before updating.

80 posts
+3 more
Mode54 says
Tean said
If your productivity allowes you to constantly make new and quality files on often basis, I dont see why not. Otherwise if you just have a few files to release, maybe its better to space them out somewhat.

I might shoot for a release every two weeks for my latest item. The features requested and the ones I have planned will make the product better. Hopefully this will bring in new buyers.

80 posts
+3 more
Mode54 says
RikdeVos said
I don’t think so, because most buyers never update. I try to keep the updates to a minimum and make sure I fix all the known bugs before updating.

How about new buyers? Do you see any change in purchases after an update. Also how do you track who updates?

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Czech Republic
matejrokos says

Do authors also get e-mails of their customers so they could inform them about the new version?

80 posts
+3 more
Mode54 says
matejrokos said
Do authors also get e-mails of their customers so they could inform them about the new version?

I don’t receive any information on who purchased any of my items. I’m not sure if they are notified when I post a new version.

240 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

Authors don’t know who purchased their items, and purchasers don’t know when an item has been updated.

It has been suggested many times that something is changed to the system to allow for notifying purchasers that the item they bought has been updated.

The best thing to do at the moment, is to follow the authors Twitter (if they have one) and that’s the best way to keep informed.

by
by
by
by
by
by