• Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
+1 more
IndustrialThemes says

Oh man, this just figures. I’ve been on TF for 3.5 years and this is the week when I FINALLY get to be the featured author, plus I just released the theme I spent 5 months building, and then the bundle comes out and is going to be out for the entire length of time I’ll be the featured author. I’m not complaining, but… actually yes I am complaining. However, I guess it has to happen to someone, so why not me, huh?

Anyway, glad to hear it’s not just my sales that are affected.

193 posts I'm a Husky Designer
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
designcrumbs says

Oh man, this just figures. I’ve been on TF for 3.5 years and this is the week when I FINALLY get to be the featured author, plus I just released the theme I spent 5 months building, and then the bundle comes out and is going to be out for the entire length of time I’ll be the featured author. I’m not complaining, but… actually yes I am complaining. However, I guess it has to happen to someone, so why not me, huh? Anyway, glad to hear it’s not just my sales that are affected.

Ouch, that’s bittersweet. They should keep you up for an extra week.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Oh man, this just figures. I’ve been on TF for 3.5 years and this is the week when I FINALLY get to be the featured author, plus I just released the theme I spent 5 months building, and then the bundle comes out and is going to be out for the entire length of time I’ll be the featured author. I’m not complaining, but… actually yes I am complaining. However, I guess it has to happen to someone, so why not me, huh? Anyway, glad to hear it’s not just my sales that are affected.

+1

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

+1

+1

I like your forum subtitle that cheered me up about this :)

IndustrialThemes
IndustrialThemes Recent Posts Threads Started
141 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+1 more
IndustrialThemes says

It’s good do hear guys I respect agreeing with me – I thought I was going to get people saying “shut up and be happy you are even featured” and stuff like that.

I wonder indeed if ThemeForest would care in any way about my predicament, or if they would just respond “shut up and be happy…” if I contacted them? Worth a shot?

2213 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
crozer says

It’s good do hear guys I respect agreeing with me – I thought I was going to get people saying “shut up and be happy you are even featured” and stuff like that. I wonder indeed if ThemeForest would care in any way about my predicament, or if they would just respond “shut up and be happy…” if I contacted them? Worth a shot?

I’m pretty sure they won’t be able to accept your request. Why? Because it has also happened to other authors, and they did not make it up for them. A lot of things happen, decissions made by Envato, which can negatively affect your sales. And they cannot make it up for those affected at this point, as that would raise a lot of “Hey why didn’t you help me?!” queries. You get the point.

For example, a few things happened to me as well:
- One of my items got to be 2nd or 3rd in the best-selling list, and because of a technical error, it disappeared the week afterwards (even though it still had a number of sales which would have put it among the top 3 best-sellers). That item never got back to the top-list.
- My best-selling actions item got featured on a recent PSDTuts article, receiving and insane amount of views. A day afterwards, the item is soft-rejected because of the new image-policies, and by the time I realized that I already lost quite a few sales.

In the end, errors happen. But on the other hand, we get a damn lot of benefits from Envato, so who’s to complain ;)

985 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
purethemes says

But on the other hand, we get a damn lot of benefits from Envato, so who’s to complain ;)

+1

154 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
MNKY says

It’s good do hear guys I respect agreeing with me – I thought I was going to get people saying “shut up and be happy you are even featured” and stuff like that. I wonder indeed if ThemeForest would care in any way about my predicament, or if they would just respond “shut up and be happy…” if I contacted them? Worth a shot?

Don’t think it’s going to be so bad, you are featured author, you have latest featured item, which is also one of the best weekly top sellers and it’s a week when a lot of new people are coming here and not only for the bundle, doesn’t sound so bad at all :))

IndustrialThemes
IndustrialThemes Recent Posts Threads Started
141 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+1 more
IndustrialThemes says

Don’t think it’s going to be so bad, you are featured author, you have latest featured item, which is also one of the best weekly top sellers and it’s a week when a lot of new people are coming here and not only for the bundle, doesn’t sound so bad at all :))

Yeah, maybe I need to look on the bright side and/or just shut my mouth and go with it :)

Thanks guys.

7177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more