211 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
indieground says

..seriously! I see that some items have images in previews of famous people or from famous movies.. how is that possible?

72 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Ttpmc says

Well, authors are in complete control of the demo. Maybe demo images are changed after approval, maybe those particular items slipped through … Either way it’s a bad practice ;)

213 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
themelux says

Well, authors are in complete control of the demo. Maybe demo images are changed after approval, maybe those particular items slipped through … Either way it’s a bad practice ;)

Yep, because when they get sued they’ll be in trouble and regret it!

211 posts
+6 more
indieground says

The problem, at least on Graphicriver, is about the preview image.. it can’t be changed without another review!

72 posts
+2 more
Ttpmc says

Yep, because when they get sued they’ll be in trouble and regret it!

That is the worst case scenario. If somebody complains for unauthorized usage of stock images or whatever in a particular item, it will be removed from the marketplace. Then to get that item back you will need to go through a lot more complex process then usual (i guess) and that’s a big enough headache.

72 posts
+2 more
Ttpmc says

The problem, at least on Graphicriver, is about the preview image.. it can’t be changed without another review!

I just checked your portfolio and noticed that you were referring to graphicriver items. In that case i guess either the authors have permission to use the images or (like i said above) those items slipped through reviewers.

BTW congrats for your new badge ;)

211 posts
+6 more
indieground says

Thank you :-)

btw, I’m 99,9% sure that the images I saw has not permission to be included in preview!

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi Indieground, From time to time these images slip through our review process. Please contact support with the details of these items and we will make sure to deal with them appropriately. Reporting these images is the best option for everyone because it means the author can fix it asap (it wont affect sales) and it also makes sure that the standards are the same for everyone. Thanks for flagging this issue for us and we love that you are concerned about these issues in our community. :)

951 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+10 more
Giallo says

we can’t contact support everytime, you just need to pay attention before accepting an item. Some are too evident!!

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi everyone,

Envato Review Manager here to help clarify this particular topic. The Review Team evaluates submissions against 1) a set of technical standards and 2) a set of internal policies. If we see an item that we think may be violating copyright or an internal policy, then we will, of course, reject it. However, that relies on the personal knowledge of each individual reviewer, which varies from person to person. As we are not copyright or IP inspectors, these issues will sometimes, unfortunately, get through.

If you see something concerning, please be sure to report it to our Support Team for further inquiry.

Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by